[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to learn biology and chemistry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 0321775651.jpg (77KB, 536x648px) Image search: [Google]
0321775651.jpg
77KB, 536x648px
What is the best way to learn biology and chemistry?
>>
>>8894043

Learn Physics -> Learn Chemistry -> Learn Biology
>>
>>8894050
with what resources, khan academy + what textbook would you recommend?
>>
>>8894043
Find a geniune intra-personal passion for the natural sciences, then, enrol in courses pertaining to these subjects at the tertiary level.
>>
>>8894043
I'd learn gen chem and the cellular portion of a gen bio textbook, then ochem and genetics. Those are pretty much the foundational courses in biology and chemistry, after that it really depends on what your interests are. I feel like a chemist needs to know pchem and a biologists needs to know cell bio and biochem as well, although I think field biologists can get by without getting too into cell bio or biochem.

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Chemistry_Textbook_Recommendations

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Biology_Textbook_Recommendations
>>
>>8894072
Don't listen to memes like >>8894050.

For bio: Campbell biology is an ok starting point, although it presents just a scratch of every topic. Read a couple of chapters per day, and grab a pen and paper. Draw out all the important diagrams and charts. Emphasize on evolution and genetics, as they are the most fundamental things in biology.

Chem: I have General Chemistry by Petrucci et al., but others will point you to a better book. Do a lot of stoichiometry exercises for a quick routine, which will help you a lot in the long run. As a matter of fact, just do as many exercises as you can.

Understanding diffusion and electricity will help in physiology chapters in bio books, but isn't completely necessary. Basic understanding in thermodynamics, electricity, diffusion etc. will help in chemistry.
>>
>>8894101
>Emphasize on evolution

It's as worthless as cosmology.
>>
depends what kind of chemistry and what kind of biology
>>
>>8894202
Literally nothing makes sense in biology except in the context of evolution.
>>
>>8894202
He asked about learning, not making a career. For the sake of learning rest of the biology, evolution is useful. As a career it's extremely hard to find positions.
>>
File: die.png (72KB, 283x268px) Image search: [Google]
die.png
72KB, 283x268px
>>8894202
>>
For biology, Molecular Cell Biology by Bruce Albert et al. is a very good textbook.
>>
>>8894235
>answer all questions with "because evolution"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.