[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety - Productivity - Weed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1491675268497.jpg (102KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1491675268497.jpg
102KB, 1500x1500px
>Be me
>Lazy and depressed for years (Main reason for depression is procrastination)
>One day decide to smoke weed
>Have a panic attack, seriously bad
>Develop an anxiety disorder where most of the time I feel like neither me or th world is real
>So much mental anguish, I can only be in peace when my mind is fully distracted
>I begin to work on my projects because otherwise I know no peace
>My productivity increases substantially
>Continue like this for 6 months

>Suddenly my anxiety disorder is gone

>Go back to being lazy and depressed because of procrastination
What's the Science behind this? Should I smoke weed again and hope for another anxiety attack?
>>
>>8893754
"Work will set you free"
>>
>>8893754
I have the same problem OP, derealization and depersonalization, because of weed, spice (synthetic cannabis) and street meth I got from a dude that literally crawled out of a manhole (he was a hobo cooking meth in the sewers)
>>
>>8893754
it's so surreal, nothing is real, I'm in a movie, I can do anything and it doesn't matter, I can concentrate so hard on some subjects that one time I almost got run over by a car because I was thinking about some random mathematical shit in the middle of an intersection
>>
>>8893754
try to concentrate on the senses, try to smell, to think clearly, are you in this room or are you not, is everything real, is everything ok? is there a continuity between this moment and your past? does it make sense? can you comprehend every tiny detail in your room?
>>
>>8893754
You just described exactly what happened to me. Had a panic attack after mixing weed and acid and it ruined me for years. I have recurrent anxiety, derelization, depersonalization and depression.

They put me on these meds called Anafronil and my life significantly improved.
>>
>>8893754
That seems like a stressful and complicated solution. If being productive and doing things relieves your anxiety, just force yourself to be productive and do things.
>>
>>8893770
it's really interesting, I mean, every drug addict says "you're giving me bad vibes", "you have to stop", "that's enough" but you just don't listen. I had no idea they'd be right. The shit they say doesn't make sense and sounds inane. Any drug addict is a fucking brainlet and you can't take them seriously but then you end up having a really shitty trip where you feel like you're going to get murdered by everyone on this planet and you have nowhere to hide and you're fucked with DE / DP for years.
>>
Similar experience, I was super lazy and unmotivated, probably had minor depression. I tried weed made me get panic attacks due to the paranoid psychosis it gave me where I am convinced of /x/tier things like people gangstalking me and the CIA beaming thoughts into my head. I kept smoking it for a few months because I though the weed was letting me see the truth, until I realized how fucking crazy I was becoming. Then after that I had disassociation and minor PTSD(whole body shaking every time I thought of the experience) for a year. Finally I started studying again and began working for myself and everything started getting better and I felt real again, I don't even get the PTSD symptoms anymore.

I speculate that when you aren't stimulate yourself with some fulfilling task your brain essentially stimulates itself even if it makes you go crazy just to keep itself from atrophying.
>>
>>8893760

My weed was self grown, fairly decent quality according to people who know about the topic. Still gave me a horrible trip, desu. I think weed is just not for me, at least not for chilling... No joke, the best thing I've ever tried for anxiety was taking a dose of melatonin during the day, makes me super relaxed, way more than Benzos.
>>
>>8893786
it probably isn't, I mean, some people are predisposed to mental illnesses and drugs can awaken them and make things worse, this includes even light alcohol, light drugs like weed and even coffee, which is still a psychoactive substance

for me going to the gym helped a lot, and running
also fish oil, 2-9g a day, nootropics: piracetam (repairs your brain, it's given to stroke survivors in my country), vitamins (only D and C the rest are snake oil), minerals (magnesium, etc)
and sleep is the most important, from what I've heard
>>
>>8893773

>If being productive and doing things relieves your anxiety, just force yourself to be productive and do things.

I get an extreme soul-crushing feeling in my chest everytime I think about getting started again with my projects, what is it? Why does it happen? Stimulants remove this feeling and make me motivated to give it my all again
>>
>>8893759

No kidding, I am only happy when I am working my ass off and getting results. Yet, getting myself to that point where momentum takes over, it's so stupidly hard...
>>
>>8893792
Same feeling here, anon. Exactly the same. I think it's completely normal for some people who have a predisposition to mental problems. Drugs of all kinds only make things worse.
>>
>>8893796
when I can focus on a problem I can manage to solve it very easily, I can end up reading an entire book and memorizing every important thing and passing an exam with >80% but if I can't focus I can't do anything and my productivity is 0
do you also view this problem as this?
I mean, as a problem of having high potential but low motivation that stops you from being able to making use of your skills
>>
>>8893796
I like thinking about it like momentum too, because even though its hard to get started once you build up a good work ethic it begins to feel super easy to continue working. The hardest part is always getting started on something new.
>>
>>8893799

I am considering getting ahold of something like Selegiline to increase the my levels of dopamine slightly (maybe it'll be enough to remove that stupid feeling without giving me euphoria?). I already exercise, practice mindful meditation and take supplements (Fish oil, Bacopa Monneri, Lion's mane...).
>>
>>8893806

Yes, I do not usually have trouble understanding concepts it's just that I have no drive most of them time, even for the things that I know I would like to achieve (you know, the kinda ideas that won't let you be until you accomplish them and linger on your mind for years).

I am not super smart, but if I had more drive I would genuinely enjoy life a lot more.
>>
>>8893810
Try st john's wort, too. It has scientifically proven benefits for anxiety and depression. Some studies how that it's stronger than most SSRIs. No negative side effects, besides photosensitivity.

Solubility is a problem but you can just eat it, like I do. I think you can absorb most of its useful shit orally.
>>
This makes me wonder if countries which implement UBI will have more people with mental disorders.
>>
>>8893823

Might consider giving it a try after doing some research, but generally my experiences with SSRI have been really bad. They make me bloat like a toad, destroy my already average working memory and flatten out all emotions.

The single best medication I have ever tried was Dexamphetamine to be honest. It's like having a tad more dopamine in my brain is the solution to all my issues. I think I am going to buy Selegiline from India and give it a try....
>>
>>8893835
I think you're right. The problem has to be because of dopamine. I think this is what creates this restlessness, procrastination and search for short-term pleasure.
>>
it's easy to continue working once youve started, but what is the easiest way to overcome that starting barrier?
>>
>>8893899
Genuine interest
>>
>>8893921
>implying i dont have genuine interest in things i struggle to start working on
>>
You probably already had anxiety to begin with if you were a depressed chronic procrastinator
>>
>>8893754
try MDMA. cul staf
>>
>>8893754
You get paranoid because you're a cunt, not because of weed. I can handle my weed. You lot should fuck off and stop ruining it for people like me. Shut the fuck up. Thanks.
>>
>>8894169

This thread is not even about demonizing weed, stoned asshole.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.