[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can science substitute politics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

science in general is very subjective to geopolitcs and economy.
are we walking towards a science-based society?

>venus project pic (kinda related)
>>
>>8893048
>are we walking towards a science-based society?
the EU is
unfortunately USA isn't
>>
>>8893050
What are the measures that EU is taking to facilitate that?
>>
Maybe if sociology and similar were proper sciences.
But today? No.
>>
>>8893066
can neuroscience do any good to improve sociology and similars?
>>
>>8893060

Find out.
>>
>>8893080
No idea. I study economics and almost all the field is bullshit. And other related fields seems worst. Economics at least have somethings like study of computional complexity of some economic "problems" that can come with some proper conclusions. But even these are rare.
Most of the field is still ruled more by emotions, political biases, and wishes to publicate stuff even if the stuff is trash.

And from what I saw other areas from humanities are even worse.

I think the problem is far more with social scientist than with lack of methods for proper study of social science.
>>
>>8893048
I would not say we are heading towards a "science-based society". Its just hipsters that adopted science dogma's in place of old religion. Also I feel obligated to friendly remind you that your image is nothing but poorly disguised commy blocks, comrade.
>>8893080
No, you cant polish your boots before wiping the mud and dirt off.
>>
>>8893048
No, political correctness dictates science.
>>
File: Untitled.png (571KB, 919x828px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
571KB, 919x828px
>>8893060
Allowing more immigrants in and making sure minorities and religious people can't be talked bad about in any way.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nag9enLynE1qesu6p.jpg (11KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nag9enLynE1qesu6p.jpg
11KB, 400x302px
>>8893048
Right now, I don't think so at all. As for the future, i suggest you read Asimov and Bacon.
>>
Every political party thinks that science supports their ideas and disproves the other parties ideas
>>
Science has nothing to do with politics. It simply makes testable/verifiable models of reality. What you do with that information has no bearing on science at all.

Stop muddling disparate concepts together unnecessarily. There's no difference between intersectionality and sophistry.
>>
>>8893060
Changing the intelligent native race for sand-born crayon eaters.
>>
>>8893094
Economics isn't bullshit, it's just that the predictive power of the simpler theorems and models is extremely limited.

With big data, more advanced computer models, signal processing theory and better results from psychology and sociology economics can start to make actual progress, as of now it's in it's infancy when it comes to producing predictions.

It also doesn't help that most people who graduate an economics course can't solve a partial differential equation or can't tell a Jacobian from a Wronskian, which means most of economics is allergic to mathematically complex models.
>>
>>8895183
Yeah, I agree that economics isn't only bullshit, but as I said, "almost". Sure, there are some useful theorems here and there, but you should remember that there are more than one school of thought that literally negates empirical evidence and says that mathematics is just to "complicate things", Schools of thought with many political supporters.

Others, like Neo Classicism, even if try to follow some principles with mathematical logic, many results just don't agree with the empirical data.

And now with also have many models based on huge agregations of data that agree with empirical evidence - but that there's no proper 'theory' behind them.

And there are some results that are mathematically proven and supported by empirical evidence and politicians and the general public just don't care (or frequently even heard of it).

And depend on psychology and sociology isn't very hopeful for now because they are in a even far worst state than economics.

I think that there's valid and important knowledge in economics, but it's a small part of the field mostly because it's dependency of other "sciences" that are in terrible state, and because how much politics influences it.

But as I said - I study economics, I belive in it's future, is just that the present isn't very bright.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.