[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Splicing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1454995070495.png (27KB, 477x387px) Image search: [Google]
1454995070495.png
27KB, 477x387px
How long do you think it will be till we finally have proper gene splicing?

I was thinking about it and here are my pros and cons, let's say that a human could splice with say a Golden Retriever:
pros -
nice coat for when it's cold
higher senses as in smell, feel, touch, hearing and so on
not as many showers

Cons -
having a to keep yourself at a nice even level, like when it's 95f outside.
All your senses would grow annoying (but you'd likely get used to it)
if you got wet without the proper shampoo, your fur would smell terrible

Then there's the idea of new occupations, especially for doctors cause you'd now have to go to a special doctor that treats 1/2 human 1/2 animal

Politics would come into play cause I could see if any of the millennials getting up in arms about sharing a damn bathroom with an anthro-human, or even saying they are "an abomination to the human kind! This is not what God wanted!" and so on

Then reproducing.

How would that work? Could a spliced human who was either born with it or spliced in general be able to reproduce with the 2 creatures, either the animal or a human?

What do you guys think?
>>
>>8890076
The idea is flawed. Not all traits are mendelian, in fact only a few are. Also eukaryotic genomes are highly complex. Look instead to microbial engineering and symbiosis
>>
>>8890192
I mean, it's likely possible, but it's gonna be a long ass time. I wanna say no more than 50 years till we have our first real spliced person that's fully functional. I just hope I'm around to see it.
>>
File: 2017-05-07-11-47-13--662414912.jpg (9KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-07-11-47-13--662414912.jpg
9KB, 246x205px
>>8890076
>>
>>8890437
Yeah this would happen a lot more
>>
>>8890076
If we are already doing it, how is it inconceivable that some higher knowledge hasn't done it before at the dawn of creation?

We are understanding and starting to manipulate every facet of existence down to its atomic structures. If we can understand and even manipulate how something (or everything) works at such fundamental levels, who the he'll are we to think no one has gotten there first and done outright created what we know as biology and nature itself.

TL;DR
If we can recreate nature why can't nature have been created?
>>
>>8890565
That was a thought to me.
The whole "If god wants this to happen" type deal.
But at the same time, I think (I know this isn't science but bare with me) that God wants humans to learn new things and everything.

Who knows, maybe it's 100% possible we are just too scared to gene splice that far. Anything is possible if we try enough
>>
>>8890569
It is said that through God, all things are possible. And considering that we are made in God's image, it seems fair to assume that God wanted us to achieve every possible outcome imaginable.
>>
>>8892182
exactly! There will be pros and cons to it but hell it will be interesting to see happen.
>>
>>8890197
nekomatas/ catgirls and anime waifu's incoming
>>
>>8892193
I'm curious if we would try to use gene splicing to make mythological creatures at some point. Imagine how wild that ride would be.
>>
>>8892208
this would be cool. I bet a war or some shit
>>
>>8892202
R9K's dreams are coming into fruition after all
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.