[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medical School readiness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 225x224px
I'm gonna be starting med school next year and I'm interested in nootropics to help me study and test well.
Everyone's heard of caffeine, nicotine, lsd but are there other practical options or personal recommendations. The MCAT is coming up and I don't want to be studying in the Caribbean.
>>
>>8887535
>Caribbean
This reminds me of an amusing exchange I overhead once between two upstanding citizens of color.

>N1: I ain't black.
>N2: The fuck? Nigga is you blind? Look at yo' skin and tell me you ain't black. You straight off the boat from Africa.
>N1: Nigga, I ain't African, I'm Dominican.
>N2: So? You the niggas of the Caribbean.

Regarding your original inquiry, I have nothing to contribute.
>>
>>8887535
Phenylpiracetam
>>
>>8887535
Adrafinil
http://nootropicsdepot.com/adrafinil-powder/

But I'd recommend not getting into the habit of using it long term. Stimulants can really screw you up.
>>
>>8887535
I took piracetam, choline and hurapzin A while studying for mine. I also did extremely heavy ab excercises in order to pinch my vagus nerve a few months before (It will cause you to vomit for a week and cough uncontrollably for a few months but it will improve your memory/learning ability) If you can find a way to pinch it higher, you may avoid the effects I had but you will also fuck with your heart so its probably not a good idea.

I started studying a a month and a half before the test using the ExamKrackers books and the audio tapes. As a CS undergrad, I had not taken a college bio course prior to the exam and only had 1 semester of organic chemistry. I got a 33Q (14,10,9). I don't know if any of the chemical study aids helped. The books were good though.
>>
>>8887582
Knowing basic lab proc and chemistry one can electroscijiggy the powder and get data on it's true composition
>>
>>8887588
How hard is the MCAT really, will 4 years of study be enough if I stay real dedicated?
>>
>>8887567
Yeah Dominican have a very racist culture. Because they border Haiti, which they look down on, lighter skin color heavily improves your social class.
>>
>>8887582
adrafinil is just expensive caffeine in my experience. YMMV
>>
>>8887590
I don't know, they changed the test since I took it and now it has a bunch of bullshit (psychology) on it. You will learn everything you need to know for the MCAT in your first two years of undergrad. Make sure you have your basics down solid as a rock and understand things on a deep level. The trick the MCAT likes to play is to give you information you know but in a weird form. One of the passages in the bio section was on NMR spectrums to determine what was bound to carbons and the questions they asked were things you could answer if you made the connection to the concept of chirality. It's almost an IQ test, but it would be unethical to give an IQ test so they dress it up with undergrad science.
>>
>>8887535
How are you going to be starting Med school next year when you haven't even taken the mcat yet? Kek
>>
>>8887535
What the fuck is wrong with you? The MCAT was so fucking easy that I took it with only a week of prep.

Just take some practice tests a week before or so and you'll be fine as long as you understand the basics from your classes. The MCAT is a joke and the only people who fail are people who don't deserve to be doctors anyway and wouldn't get in because of shit GPA
>>
>>8887601
my thoughts as well, but presumably they are taking the MCAT this summer/fall and applying this fall/winter for fall 2018 admissions.
so they are starting med school next year - assuming that they get accepted. kek.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.