[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to CERN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: CERN-Logo1.jpg (123KB, 1019x997px) Image search: [Google]
CERN-Logo1.jpg
123KB, 1019x997px
>Sophmore
>Eurocuck
>Going to CERN in 2 weeks because of a science project

What to do in Geneva and how to get the most out of the visit?

Haven't studied particle physics but currently reading The Particle Zoo by Gordon Kane. Is it any good? Any other materials you could recommend?
>>
>>8886662
I'd throw a wrench into it while nobody is looking and see if it creates a new universe.
>>
>>8886671
Seems like they got pretty hardcore security there but lets go for it ))
>>
>>8886662
Go to the old section of Geneva and have a look at the church and the Uni. It's nice there, except for all the niggers
>>
>>8886674
Why the hell are there niggers in switzerland? OP should make that question a top priority.
>>
>>8886691
>Why the hell are there niggers in switzerland? OP should make that question a top priority.

noice
>>
File: i26e9rw6.jpg (8KB, 201x226px) Image search: [Google]
i26e9rw6.jpg
8KB, 201x226px
>>8886691
It's a simple misunderstanding. Obviously somebody in the government misheard that CERN wanted to create black hoes and figured they could help.
>>
>>8886662
get shitfaced and piss on a magnet, create black hole. You know you need to do this anon.
>>
>>8886731
Yes
[math]I_kn_ow wh_at ha_st_obe_do_ne[/math]
>>
>>8886691
>Guide: So that concludes our tour of CERN, do you all have any questions

>OP: yes, I have one
>>
File: tunnels.png (4MB, 3137x5534px) Image search: [Google]
tunnels.png
4MB, 3137x5534px
> What to do in Geneva

Geneva is fucking boring as shit. You can see everything of note quite quickly. Take a day trip to Lausanne.

> how to get the most out of the visit?

Get someone to show you the synchrocyclotron and the CCC.

If you are granted an access card, see pic related. Try not to get hurt.
>>
File: 2ojpnq.jpg (57KB, 306x228px) Image search: [Google]
2ojpnq.jpg
57KB, 306x228px
>>8888035
got any more of them maps?
>>
>>8888865
Like this?

https://cms-safety.web.cern.ch/images/SAF/plan_general_11_2010.jpg

Also check out https://maps.cern.ch/
>>
>>8889032
I've got "detalied tunnel maps for night roaming"-style maps in mind, but maps.cern looks great, thanks for that
>>
>>8889088
> I've got "detalied tunnel maps for night roaming"-style maps in mind

Those are the only tunnels you'll be able to get to with basic CERNPRIV access, so there's no need for more maps. That one has everything.
>>
>>8889165
well, that's a bummer
anyway, is it ok to go there with that kind of access just for the lulz? I guess security people would not be happy finding someone running around in the underground
>>
It's well known that summer/masters/PhD students explore the utility tunnels. There's even a zombie film available on YouTube which was filmed down there.

I don't know how much trouble someone might get in for being down there without good reason. Security won't be down there, at least, but there might be people working, so go after hours.

Some words of warning:

When I was last there (August) they were removing asbestos, so if you see big white tents on the surface or sheets of plastic sectioning off part of it, find another route because you don't want that shit in your lungs.

Somehow there are ways to get into the Linac2 and LEIR areas bypassing radiation doors. Avoid doing this and definitely don't stick around long if you find yourself there.

There are several places where the false floor is fucked. Try not to step on fragile pipes.
>>
>>8889496
muchas gracias for the tips, gonna explore the shit out of those caverns
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.