[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Demands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1679.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1679.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
1. 0.99999.... is not 1
2. Light DOES have a mass it just hasn't been measured yet
3. The Higgs Boson is a fake discovery and it's supposed spin is not being "revealed" for some reason
4. Solar roads are forgotten about mysteriously probably due to the big money flowing from Elon Musk to shush such ideas
5. -1/12 fags need to off themselves
6. Squaring the circle should not be allowed for a mathematical proof (muh hyberbolic you just don't get it)
7. Using "brainlet" should get you permabanned.
8. Pic unrelated just really into them right now
>>
gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8
>>
>>8886134
t. brainlet
>>
>>8886134
>1
By any sensible definition, it is.
>2
Nah, it doesn't by definition.
>3
"Things I don't understand aren't real!"
>4
Solar roads are a fucking retarded idea.
>5
"Things I don't understand aren't real!"
>6
Why not?
>7
t. brainlet
>8
This does not surprise me in the least.
>>
>>8886300
>oh I'll just define the problem away
Nice one
>p=mv
>Ever heard of a Yukawa particle, or a background field?
>Well meme'd
>How is this at all possible?!??
>Marilyn Vos Savant has almost a 180 self reported IQ and she said that exact thing
>permaband!
>sorry I don't listen to Miley Cyrus and Young Thug
>>
>>8886134
Who the fuck do you think will actually give a fuck about your """demands"""?
>>
>>8886134
>0.99999.... is not 1
just out of curiosity, what are people's actual arguments for this? is it just that "we write one as '1' and the other as '0.999...' therefore the numbers they stand for can't be identical"?
>>
File: 1493424366901-sci.png (206KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1493424366901-sci.png
206KB, 320x320px
>>8886342
>says that things aren't what they are
>does not provide mathematical proof to the contrary

Wew lad nice try. I can mathematically show that 0.999... = 1 and 1+2+3... = - 1/12. Can you provide me a proof that shows these aren't true?
>>
File: ???.png (206KB, 430x318px) Image search: [Google]
???.png
206KB, 430x318px
>>8887020
He doesn't need proof because those bad math facts hurt his feelings
>>
>>8887020
>1+2+3... = - 1/12.

Just on this meme, no one and i mean absolutely no mathematician worth anything claims this sum adds to -1/12. The riemann zeta function is solved for divergent values of s using analytic continuation, not the originally defined sum. This unknown function that defines the analytically calculated value is unknown and an open problem in math and is absolutely not 1/n^s.

>2. Light DOES have a mass it just hasn't been measured yet

Light has a momentum, but it does not have mass, get over it. Not everything in life will be conceptually obvious.
>>
>>8886564
Some people are just really, really offended by convergent infinite series like [math]\sum_{i=1}^{\infty} 9*10^{-i}[/math]
>>
>>8886134
1.It literaly is equal to 1. just a different way of wrighting it. like 2/2 is 1.
2.light doesnt have mass moron. we would be able to measure its gravity.
3.a thing that acts exactly like and has all the same properties as the higgs boson was discovered. hmmm
4.solar roads are moronic and break down fast and get covered in dirt
5.this is true
6.you dont undersrand math
7. says the faggot brainlet.
8.Hopsin is for losers who dont actually like rap. Eminem is good but too pop
>>
>ITT: people taking the obvious bait
>>
>>8886166
Fip bip
>>
>>8887096
this isnt bait mom. this is my life
>>
>>8886134
>1. 0.99999.... is not 1
WRONG. Simply by definition.
>-1/12 fags need to off themselves
agreed
>4. Solar roads are forgotten about mysteriously probably due to the big money flowing from Elon Musk to shush such ideas
They were a scam anyways.
>6. Squaring the circle should not be allowed for a mathematical proof (muh hyberbolic you just don't get it)
You dont know what that means.
>>
>>8886134
>4. Solar roads are forgotten about mysteriously probably due to the big money flowing from Elon Musk to shush such ideas
NO. They are the most unfeasible thing ever in road engineering and that's why they will never catch on.
>>
>>8887053
The """proof""" using the series is absolutely nonsensical, it essentially proves his hypothesis by assuming the hypothesis to be true.

The reason the series converges is because it forms a cauchy series in a complete metric space, because it gets arbitrarily close to 1 this cauchy series and the cauchy series which is constantly 1 get arbitrarily close which is the definition of equality.

Claiming the convergence of the series essentially assumes that 1 and 0.999... are equal.
>>
>>8887612
>essentially assumes that 1 and 0.999... are equal.
THEY ARE EQUAL REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8887615
>THEY ARE EQUAL
If you assume your hypothesis is true and then show it is true your proof is worthless.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.