[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i an idiot or is my friend an idiot ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: VMVonR2_700w_0.jpg (9KB, 218x219px) Image search: [Google]
VMVonR2_700w_0.jpg
9KB, 218x219px
I have a linear transformation T:R^n->R^n and some basis B for R^n ,and i know the representation matrix of T relative to basis B ,[T]_B.
if i want to find out the representation matrix for T with respect to the standard basis E={e_1,..,e_n} .So i'll just create the matrix
([T]_B*[e_1]_B ,...,[T]_B*[e_n]_B) and that will be the representation matrix of T relative to the standard basis am i right?
if not then what hell?
>>
To apply the transform T to a vector written in the standard basis you normally have to do three things:

>Rewrite the vector into base B
>Apply the T to the rewritten vector
>Transform the result back into base E

Those three operations can all be done with one matrix multiplication each so the composition of those three operations is just applying the product of those matrices.
>>
>>8885712
Yes that's what i meant by [T]_B*[e_i]_B ,i will convert e_i to the coordinates in base B then multiply it with the matrix [T]_B and ill have the i'th vector of the representation matrix of T with relative to base E.
is this what you also meant?
>>
>>8885699
Use LaTeX you dumbfuck.
>>
>>8885719
My baboon mind cant comprehend how LaTeX works
>>
>>8885721
>comes for help
>refuses to make his post readable
>blames it on being stupid

found the retard.
>>
0/10

no latex
>>
>>8885746
>>8885736
Can you show me an example of how to write in latex ?
>>
File: tx.png (9KB, 328x285px) Image search: [Google]
tx.png
9KB, 328x285px
>>8885762
>>
i'm given [math][T]_B[/math] and need to find [math][T]_E[/math] ,so [math][T]_E=([T]_B[e_1]_B,...,[T]_B[e_n]_B)[/math] ,where for each [math][T]_B[e_i]_B [/math] is a column vector.
>>
>>8885782
>>8885799
>i'm given [T]B[T]B and need to find [T]E[T]E ,so [T]E=([T]B[e1]B,...,[T]B[en]B)[T]E=([T]B[e1]B,...,[T]B[en]B) ,where for each [T]B[ei]B[T]B[ei]B is a column vector.

Thank you i thought ill have to go and use a compiler some where else !
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.