[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simulation Hypothesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (104KB, 1680x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
104KB, 1680x720px
Prove to me that this is not a simulation by some AI entity.
You can't.
>>
File: just kill me then.jpg (32KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
just kill me then.jpg
32KB, 500x332px
>all of existence is just a huge fractal of different realities
>universes having AI gods which are created by people who are created by AI gods who are created by people and so on so forth
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 600x800px
>>8885043
>You can't.
So...

>(children)
>>
Prove that it matters.
>>
>>8885043
That's the point. You can't. There's no way to prove either side of the argument.
>>
>>8885046
Pretty much this.

None of the universes/simulations will every be able to be aware of the ones "above", but we will be able to eventually get data from the ones we create, and that data will feed the universes observing us. Eventually, the ones we create will create, and even more data will be available. It's most likely that we are all part of this multi universe tree, with the root being a fat neckbeard who is only half way through his day, and getting bored with us already.
>>
>>8885043

no tech support
no updates
no bugs or fixes
no dlc
>>
>>8885043
Even if we are in a simulation, why would it matter?
>>
>>8885043
'I am not a BIV' is a self-refuting statement because if one were in a simulation their language could not actually refer to brains or vats. It's kind of a cheap way to refute the argument but it's true. Look up content externalism for the full proof
>>
>>8885043
>Prove to me that this is not a simulation by some AI entity.

Any entity that intelligent would be vastly more intelligent then the whole of the human race combined. Should such an intelligence be called artificial? It shouldn't be called an AI.

>>8885563
>None of the universes/simulations will every be able to be aware of the ones "above",
This is incorrect. Your brain (a meat computer) creates a simulation of your surrounding environment based on information provided by your sensory organs. Your consciousness exists within this meat computer and therefor it can be said you exist within a simulated universe that's separate from reality created by that lump of meat sitting on your neck. Even tho it's separate, it still receives information from a universe higher than it's own.
>>
File: Immanuel_Kant.jpg (63KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Immanuel_Kant.jpg
63KB, 240x240px
>>8886054
>we kant know the thing in itself bro
>>
>>8886068
we kant know everything, but we can get a limited quantity of information higher universes. Knowing everything would make you omniscient and omnipresent.

unless .... everything that ever was and ever will be is derived from a single universal equation. With that knowledge even tho a higher universe/reality may be more complex, it's origin may be small enough that we can understand it. From it's origin or starting equation, we could extrapolate limited amounts of data about it in a controlled manner. With this we could know anything, but not everything. Omniscience, but without omnipresence.
>>
>>8885043

We are. Everything down to this post and this reply has been preordained.
>>
>>8885043
>Solipsism
You can't prove or disprove it.
It also doesn't matter, we couldn't change it anyway.
>>
>>8886096
ur mum a hoe
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.