[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calculus is just algebra with formulas.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: snug.jpg (129KB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
snug.jpg
129KB, 1275x715px
Calculus is just algebra with formulas.
>>
>>8880894
>anime is just good cartoons without the good
>>
>>8880983
weaboos BTFO
>>
>>8880894
No.
Absolutely, fucking not.
>>
File: mcfuckyou 01.jpg (13KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
mcfuckyou 01.jpg
13KB, 224x216px
its really not though. calculus is a way of thinking and approaching a problem. calculus can give you areas of odd 3-d surfaces which algebra cannot do alone. also calculus deals in limits. algebra and calculus work hand in hand though.
>>
>>8881036
Doesn't algebra work hand in hand with pretty much any topic that comes after it?
>>
You can get answers with applying limits that you can't with algebra "trancendental numbers
Also I don't know if trig counts as algebra but it doesnt seem like it
>>
>>8881041
yes, algebra is a way of thinking and its helpful in almost any situation of area of study.
>>
>>8880894
Algebra is exact , calculus is approximations
>>
>>8881054
Calculus can find very exact answers though
Algebra can also find numbers that can only be approximated because of irrational
>>
>>8881065
limits are an idea which is approximating f(x) as x approaches infinity. limits are used in the explanations of integrals and derivatives
>>
>>8881054
engineer
>>
>>8881081
>calculus is approximations
Calculus uses approximations by using arbitrarily small manipulations. You can do simple "calculus" by treating dx as .00000001 and still figure out the derivitave of x^2=2x. It uses an approximation but the answer is exact as can be because the tiny dx disappears from the final answer through algebra
The only answers that are approximate is irrationals
>>
>>8881065
An infinitely accurate approximation is still an approximation.
>>
Calculus is where algebra, geometry, and trig all come together and you see how powerful math really is and learn real-world applications.
>>
>>8881527
No you fucking faggot, you probably think 0.999.. ≠ 1
>>
Correction:

Calculus is just analysis with a wheelchair.
>>
>>8880894
Calculus is by and large just as procedural as elementary algebra. That's why many countries teach derivatives and integrals in high school.
>>
>>8881593
It really depends on the context.
>>
>>8881634
>That's why many countries teach derivatives and integrals in high school.
Are you implying that there are countries that don't?
>>
>>8881705
I don't think they do in Liberia.
>>
>>8881705
I didn't learn any in HS.
>>
>>8881113
It depends on your definition of algebra.

I would argue the tiny dx disappears from the final answer through analysis since "treating it as 0.00000001" is essentially the same as finding a satisfactory epsilon. Can that be considered algebra? Yeah since you're manipulating inequalities but no in the sense that the algebra itself isn't whats emphasized (the hard part.)

Again though
>>8881619

Most of the notions you're talking about are grossly generalized to call them algebra. It's not algebra with formulas; its analysis in black and white.
>>
>>8881714
Better yet, its just analysis thats readable to someone with little experience outside of your average college algebra.
>>
>>8881728
But my college algebra was just shit about field extensions. That stuff is pointless for analysis.
>>
>>8881705
they probably did just not the easy way for some reason.
>>
>>8881087
math graduate actually
>>
Algebra is about variable transformations whereas calculus is about the area under a curve.
>>
>>8881113
>the tiny dx disappears from the final answer through algebra

it disappears because of the limit concept or any equivalent characterisation.
>>
>>8883033
change major desu
>>
>>8881705
My high school taught derivatives but certainly did not teach integrals.
>>
>>8884473
Is there even a point to knowing integrals unless you're a computer scientist trying to write a more efficient way of calculating them?
>>
>>8880894
>>8884376
>>
>>8883210
Yeah, like the algebra involved in taking the standard part.
>>
>>8884450
For being correct?
>>
>>8881705
Only third world countries, like mine, go deep into calculus in highschool because there's too much competition.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.