[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to be in a psychosis without being aware of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 35267547342842.png (162KB, 257x342px) Image search: [Google]
35267547342842.png
162KB, 257x342px
Is it possible to be in a psychosis without being aware of it?
>>
File: 1493111577476.jpg (330KB, 984x836px) Image search: [Google]
1493111577476.jpg
330KB, 984x836px
This is why several psychotic people relapse
>take antipsychotics to control psychosis
>feel normal
>no scary hallucinations, paranoia, delusions
>maybe I don't need these medications
>stop taking them
>become psychotic
>end up walking naked outside, yelling about the world ending
>tell people you're the new messiah for God
>wake up in mental health the next day, shackled to a bed

All too often....
>>
>>8875033
A key feature of psychosis is not knowing you have it.
>>
>>8875107
So then, after taking a bunch of psychedelic drugs for an extended period of time (like 8 months) regularly (like once a week), my thought processess and mind aren't like they were before. Not like I can't function anymore, but I can't unthink or unsee some shit I've seen and it's driving me insane. I'm not having literal hallucinations, but the realizations I have had during those trips is haunting me. Is this considered a psychosis?
>>
>>8875109
>So then, after taking a bunch of psychedelic drugs for an extended period of time (like 8 months) regularly (like once a week)
It's called being a retarded degenerate
>>
>>8875123
Quit doing it last year because it was getting out of hand. Goes to show the impact that it made that I'm still worried about it
>>
>>8875109
>>8875140

Sounds like depersonalization issues, are you having panic attacks when these realizations come to you? Did you have a bad trip?
>>
>>8875189
Not quite a bad trip, just one trip in particular was uncomfortable. Quit after that one. It's just the recurrence of realizations. You might know what I'm talking about (maybe you've ever experienced the same) when I say I've seen an unseen world, and it seems eerily like the truth. Everything is itself, we are bound by patterns, there is no escape from this. All is one and one is all. It's futile to try and escape, but it makes me feel so hopeless that there is no escape from the spiral. And I face this seeming-truth every day. I see it recur in my own behavior, others' behavior, the way things are designed. And no one seems to be aware of any of this, save for a few individuals. It's spooking me out.
>>
>>8875220

Yes, I know what you mean. We are bound by our own limits and they are inescapable, I developed an anxiety disorder (I get panic attacks when this realization hits me) after a really bad trip on Salvia. Not many people seem to really acknowledge this, even when I try to talk about it with them it's like it just does not matter to them.

I guess it's more of a philosophical issue rather an a drug induced brain damage one, so I don't think you should worry too much about psychosis.
>>
>>8875220
>Everything is itself, we are bound by patterns, there is no escape from this. All is one and one is all. It's futile to try and escape

It might be comforting to know that these things are known to scientists and the devoutly religious alike.

"10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after."

That's from Ecclesiastes in the King James bible but you will find similar messages in Hindu and Buddhist texts. What you speak of has been known to wise men since before civilization itself.

Recognizing patterns is the essence of cognition and it is something humans can not stop ourselves from doing. There are some patterns we can control directly, some patterns we can influence or profit from, and some patterns that are so rooted in the essence of nature that no individual can have any hope of changing their course. In many cases, the latter of these contain the former. What I would recommend in order to avoid going mad is to categorize the patterns you see into those which you can influence and those which you can not.
>>
>>8875267
And those who know or knew have died before us, as powerless as everything.
>>
>>8875220
You're not the only one who's knows this, the feeling of being trapped is only a matter of perspective. This world can be heaven or hell, depends on your mindset.

Solution: get a gf
>>
>>8875549
Is having the power to avoid death the only use of knowledge? You're a fool if you think so. If you had eternal life you wouldn't know what to do with it. You, personally.
>>
>>8875235
>I developed an anxiety disorder (I get panic attacks when this realization hits me) after a really bad trip on Salvia.

are you me? salvia fucked me so hard, 2 years later im still dealing with it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.