[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compiling evidence for a friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: atlantis.jpg (39KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
atlantis.jpg
39KB, 600x450px
One of my friends is insisting that Atlantis is real, kind of want to save him before it's too late. Any chance I could get some sources to convince him otherwise?
>>
Give up. There's no saving them once they get that far. I've met people IRL who think the moon landings were fake and they're just as thick as the people online who think it.
>>
File: 1492275483637.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1492275483637.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>8865909
>doesn't believe Atlantis existed
I can't tell if op is baiting. OP, it's common knowledge, not to mention historical fact, that Atlantis did indeed exist. Just ask the Greeks, those guys knew their shit. Seriously op, how would you even disprove this?
>>
Its not on you to prove that atlantis doesnt exist. There is no evidence that it doesnt exist just like how There isnt evidence god exists. the burden of proof is on the assertion that atlantis DOES exist.
>>8865927
this is correct. there is historical information that a city of "atlantis" did exist. but there isnt unformation that a city under the water exists today.
>>
>>8865924
>obvious troll
OP is either braindead or in need of some serious help.
>>
File: 1493080483838.jpg (54KB, 640x607px) Image search: [Google]
1493080483838.jpg
54KB, 640x607px
>>8865909

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/atlantis.html

Here you go.
>>
>>8865909

People were sure that Troy didn't exist until one faggot went out and found it.
>>
>>8866106
Atlantis is a tad further in the spectrum of fantasy than Troy.
>>
>>8866114

What if Atlantis is America? Maybe even located under Atlanta.
>>
>>8865927
>>8865931
Greeks had fiction too. If you read any of the writing like Plato's Timaeus it's pretty obvious Atlantis was like Narnia or Mordor. It's only written about in fables, not logs from sailors, traders etc.
>>
>>8866175
i know this. i have read his works. I should have expanded on the point more but i was trying to say that there was an actual city that fits the descriptuon which was quite possibly the inspiration for Atlantis similar to how gotham was based heavily off Chicago
>>
>>8865909
Take him on a "scuba trip" to the Atlantic. Its for the best.
>>
>>8865909
Read the book. It is called Critias by Plato.
Spoiler : Atlantis was a made up place used by Plato to test the Republic theory.

Great reading. It's the basics of politics today.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.