[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>PhD physics student >still depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1475362840684.png (93KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1475362840684.png
93KB, 357x368px
>PhD physics student
>still depressed
>>
>>8865357
>decline bench press
>do it anyway
>>
Physics is probably the most depressing degree.
>>
sadly, physics undergrads think they're cool. they even get laid sometimes.

Unlike mathies, physicsfags come to grad school thinking that they are sexy.
>>
>>8865357
Try the spiritual fulfilling field of philosophy, for example, moral dualism, or the anthropic principle.
>>
Look at the bright side: you probably won't get your PhD
>>
>>8865357
I still think your brain is beautiful. When you don't want it anymore call me at 666-6666 and I will buy it from you for $49.99. Oh also don't drink alcohol, don't want you to kill off your delicious brain cells.
>>
>>8865436
More depressing than something like creative writing or business?
>>
>>8865357
STOP BEING A PUSSY AND GET SOME PUSSY YOU FAGGOT.
Literally how can you not? You have a PhD.
Just go up to any girl and tell her you have a PhD, tell her some pop-sci mumbo jumbo and enjoy your free pussy which will also increase your endorphins aka. your happy things in your body.

LITERALLY DEAD EASY. You can't fucking make it any easier.
>>
File: 5e0.jpg (9KB, 220x255px) Image search: [Google]
5e0.jpg
9KB, 220x255px
>>8865357
not trying to meme, but if you really are depressed, you should watch this motivational Stefan video. It helped me through a specially hard time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArKPZyfZUFs
>>
Isn't the purpose of a PHD program to see how much they can beat you down before you commit suicide?
>>
>>8865492
I called, you didn't pick up. If you're serious about this, it's up to you to call me.
>>
>>8865593
>Stefan
Cringe.
>>
>>8865725
I'm sorry that I call people by the first name.
>>
>studying the subset of math
>>
>>8865357
science is a religion and you just became high priest. Why depressed?
>>
>>8865357
Physics will not make depression go away.

You need to understand that depression lies on a spectrum.
>>
>>8865357
there was a research done on phd students, they have very high depression and other mental problem rate.
This was to be expected.
>>
>>8865494
these two take the cake lmao
>>
Repost from another thread:

What is the point is physics over engineering?

It seems like you just get shit on if you pick physics unless you go into CM/optics/materials which borders with engineering anyway

Phys does the research on material properties
Engr understands the properties and designs systems with it

Is the only reason you'd pick physics instead is because of an autistic obsession with basic research ad infinitum? Cause you still get to do basic research in engineering

Physicists halp
>>
>>8866986
at the PhD level*

Stuff like molecular assembly and materials science / engr

Not dude cars lmao
>>
>>8865357
if you're that depressed, how did you find the motivation to get that far?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.