[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone want to red pill me on Diodes? I know they only allow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: diodesgonewild.jpg (21KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
diodesgonewild.jpg
21KB, 480x300px
Someone want to red pill me on Diodes? I know they only allow electricity to pass in one direction, does that apply to both AC and DC?
>>
>>8862388
>>
>>8862388
>red pill
No. There are no red pills here, this is /sci/.
Go to >>>/pol/ if you're into being a huge faggot.
>>
>>8862400
Chill out, autismo supreme.
OP isn't trying to start some flamewar.
>>
File: FCGVT95I24LZHH8.MEDIUM.gif (5KB, 298x172px) Image search: [Google]
FCGVT95I24LZHH8.MEDIUM.gif
5KB, 298x172px
>>8862422
Thanks. Yea seriously, why does everyone here, just jump to assume someone is a troll, or insult them blindly... Anyway thanks anon..

my main question is, for diodes and capacitors... if they only work in 1 direction (diodes) how do they handle AC current?
>>
>>8862455
they turn ac current into pulsed DC current
>>
>>8862455
>how will they handle AC
Think of a sine function whose negative parts are just set to zero so it looks like some hills with some flatland inbetween them.
>>
>>8862455
It conducts current for half of the cycle and it acts as a high resistance for the other half of the cycle. The gif you just posted shows exactly that.

http://falstad.com/circuit/e-rectify.html
>>
>>8862458
>>8862461
Is it possible for diodes to only use the negative portion of the AC sine wave? And also can it "decide" to use the positive or negative portion of the wave "on the fly" or dynamically?
>>
>>8862472
1. Yeah just flip it.
2. Mmm idk I only took a basic electronics course but I think switching diodes do this.
>>
>>8862524
>>8862466
>>8862461
>>8862458

I see... thanks for the help/time guys! :D
>>
>>8862400
My sentiments exactly.
>>
>>8862472
Diodes don't decide or choose their behavior. They always "conduct" (not really, but easier to explain it that way) from anode to cathode (triangle -> to vertical line | in the symbol). Refer to other anon's answer that suggest looking into half-wave and full-wave rectification circuits. Half waves will only need 1 diode while a full wave will require at least 2 (usually 4, however).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.