[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone on /sci/ seen this shitty movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

Has anyone on /sci/ seen this shitty movie?
>>
>>8860787
yay! /thisthread/ again!
>>
>>8860787
What did the one on the right provide? Gravity assist?
>>
>>8860845
kek
>>
>>8860845
#roasted
>>
>look, a movie with an obvious toxic political agenda I vehemently disagree with
>woah, wouldn't it be cool if I wasted 2 hours of my life on it so I can get angry and have something to shitpost on underground mongolian ice fishing forums about
>>
>>8860840
I can 0IQ you if you're looking for some mystery
>>
>>8860845
Spbp
>>
I saw it, and it certainly wasn't a shitty movie. Maybe you're just jelly because it featured black women being successful and you're just a white man spending his time shitposting on one of 4chan's least-populated boards.
>>
>>8860860
>implying that it wasn't completely inaccurate and crappily made
>>
>>8860906

What was inaccurate about it?
>>
File: 0zHAJkI.gif (225KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
0zHAJkI.gif
225KB, 400x300px
>>8860915
The characters were literally calculators who did tenth grade math and had little to no interaction with the actual dealings of the launch. Also, niggers.
>>
>>8860936

So just like in the movie? You DID watch the movie before going around telling people how inaccurate it is, right?
>>
File: 285.jpg (20KB, 680x425px) Image search: [Google]
285.jpg
20KB, 680x425px
>>8860949
I saw the movie.
>>
>>8860955

Then what are you talking about? It shows exactly what happened, these sheboons did the calculations and were treated like shit.
>>
>>8860936

>The characters were literally calculators who did tenth grade math and had little to no interaction with the actual dealings of the launch.

So you mean exactly like what 95% of females were doing in math and technology regardless of the subject matter back then?

Believe it or not that did technically count as "trailblazing" back then. They certainly wouldn't trust a rando on the street with calculations or the context of those calculations involving aeronautics.
>>
File: f29.png (400KB, 660x346px) Image search: [Google]
f29.png
400KB, 660x346px
>>8860845
Ah fuck .I'm dead.
>>
>>8860965
It showed the main character "SAVING THE DAY OMFG THEY WOULD HAVE DIED IF SHE HADN'T BEEN THERE".
>>
File: lll.png (10KB, 59x52px) Image search: [Google]
lll.png
10KB, 59x52px
>>8860968
>>
>>8860787
wtf i love the People Of Colourâ„¢ now
>>
>>8861056
You mean colored people?
>>
>>8861097
no, that's racist, you dingbat
>>
File: ACLpV9L.png (613KB, 532x570px) Image search: [Google]
ACLpV9L.png
613KB, 532x570px
It was refreshing to know that they had a whole spectrum of races working at NASA. What a progressive organization.
>>
>>8860787
It's not a shitty movie. It was based on a true story, you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>8861306
me pooping is based on a true story, but it doesn't make it good
>>
>>8861306
WE WUZ SPACEMEN N SHIET
>>
File: Sergei Korolev.jpg (68KB, 298x405px) Image search: [Google]
Sergei Korolev.jpg
68KB, 298x405px
>>8860915
Everything. It was worse than I could've possibly imagined.
>Hurr huwaytmen don't understand basic Kelperian orbits and renaissance-tier classical orbital mechanics
>But don't worry, this qween got dis shit, she gonna (re)discover dis shiet
>What's a deorbit burn? You mean the "gonogo?"
They could have made a decent movie about the true story of these women, the hard (if somewhat menial) work they did, and the racial adversity they faced... but no, they had to embellish the story to a downright absurd degree instead.
>>
>>8860845
Ayyy
>>
it's not even a bad movie, you're all just being edgelords as usual.
>>
>>8861306
> based on a true story
Welcome to movies, have you ever seen fargo?
>>
>>8861663
This, it's point wasnt to celebrate their roles or raise a different view, it was just to punch down at the white people who did it as per usual. The best black narratives, of which there are many, dont involve white characatures - sadly though these seem more and more prevalent.
>>
>>8860787
I watched it. It was hilarious watching their lead engineer explain what an orbit is to the rest of the team.
>>
>>8863114
Yes, why?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.