[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a retard with geometry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (17KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
17KB, 277x182px
I'm learning basic geometry shit now and I'm learning some definitions and I'm a little confused about planes and dimensions.

>A point has no dimensions - only position.
>A line is one-dimensional.
>A plane is two-dimensional.
>A solid is three-dimensional.

Okay, so since a plane can be thought of as a flat surface with no thickness, and it has two dimensions, does that mean that if I have a bunch of lines and points, they are all on a plane automatically? Like if I have a blank sheet of paper, that sheet of paper is the plane, and I draw a bunch of lines and shit on it - those lines are still on dimensional, but they all just rest in the plane, thus making the plane more like a container?

Can I not have a line/point without them being on a plane? Where do solids come into play? Are 3 dimensional solids on a plane as well?

Is this even something I should care this much about?
>>
>>8857744
Okay so dimensions.
>A dimension is the measure of the size of an object, usually given as length, width, and height.

Okay, so if I have a three dimensional shape, I usually have length width and height. If I only have length and width, that makes it a two dimensional shape.

If I'm left with one dimension, that means I have just length, which is a line.

If I have no dimension, I only have position.

Is that it?
>>
wat
>>
>>8857808
btw i was referring to op
>>
In the real world any line/plane/solid (ignoring that things can't actually have zero thickness in the real world) is just a subset of infinite 3d space or whatever the fuck our world is but in a strictly mathematical sense there's nothing to say that's the case
>>
Depends on the space those objects life in.
>>
>>8857744
>Is this even something I should care this much about?

What do you think friend? Just go and learn about ceva's theorem and mass points geometry or something, its fun shit i promise
>>
>>8857987
I'm trying to learn precalc as fast as possible.

I love Algebra and I know enough of it I think to get by, but Geometry is really fucking tedious and boring to me. It lacks everything I love in Algebra. It's so fucking dry and full of shit.
>>
This isn't the fucking 1800s, OP. Go buy a graphing calculator and you literally have an A in geometry.
>>
>>8857744
Any two points are collinear, any three points are coplanar.
>>
>>8857744

If you're having trouble with intuition, I recommending induced vuja de. It's identical to "rote learning" but after you "understand" the concept, you keep going until you get an even better idea, and so on until you have so many ideas that you need to stop and write shit down or you are fried and need to take a break.

The better you get at it, the more intense it can get. Once the vividness of your imagination for simple objects peaks, you can then either try to work on stamina, or scale. I am more of a stamina guy so I like to practice seeing how long I can maintain the vividness rather than how big and complex I can make it.

Pacing usually speeds up ideation and walking in nature is even better. I print out scripts that I read from and do few mile loops to get them sweet brain droppings. Light jogging is also good but it's harder to read when you jog, which is why you should bring a partner with you to chat about ideas while you jog. Make sure they're on the same level of knowledge as you so you're not carrying too much weight or vice versa.

also this should be in SQT buddy ;---)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.