[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much to terraform Mars with nukes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: terraform.jpg (914KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
terraform.jpg
914KB, 2000x2000px
How much time will it take to fully terraform Mars with nuclear weapons?

Is it worth it?
>>
>>8855294
bamp
>>
>>8855314
>bumping your own failed thread
>>
>>8855294
It can't be done with nukes, regardless of the amount you use. You need asteroids and comets to smack into it after slingshotting around the sun or whatever trajectory would be best.
>>
>>8855415
>implying you couldn't de-orbit Phobos with nukes
>>
>>8855294
I vote try it, but I get to push the button, you know, just in case
>>
>>8855294
>How much to terraform Mars with nukes?
How much to terraform Mars without magnetic fields?
>Magnetic fields protect from Solar Winds & Cosmic Radiation & prevents the atmosphere be dragged away by erosion.
>>
>>8855450
Get its core chugging again, brah.
>>
>>8855428
I guess antimatter annihilation is a type of nuclear reaction and a bomb made of that would be a nuke, but I doubt you meant that.
>>
File: terraformed_venus_by_watsisname.jpg (280KB, 512x1825px) Image search: [Google]
terraformed_venus_by_watsisname.jpg
280KB, 512x1825px
>>8855294
Fuck Mars.
>>
>>8855468
Venus would be great, huh. But what's the plan?
>>
>>8855476
penetrate the upper layers of the atmosphere so that the poisonous gases escape into space and we replace them with oxygen and nitrogen
>>
>>8855476
1. Set up initial floating cities on the upper Venusian atmosphere where conditions are the closest to Earth in the solar system
2. Bombard the atmosphere with hydrogen, creating graphite and water through the Bosch reaction. This ends Venus' Greenhouse Effect, cooling the planet and thinning the atmosphere.
3. Install a polar orbital mirror system that can simulate a 24 hr cycle.
4. Seed plant life and let nature do the rest.
>>
>>8855499
Well, when you put it like that...
>>
>>8855476
>>8855468
Nuke it until it's green
>>
Why use nukes? Its pointless. Just plonk humans and animals there and it will terraform itself with all the gases they release from industry and agriculture.
>>
>>8855514
timeframe?
>>
>>8855514

>Bombard the atmosphere with hydrogen, creating graphite and water through the Bosch reaction. This ends Venus' Greenhouse Effect, cooling the planet and thinning the atmosphere.

Is there such a thing as extremophile bacteria capable of surviving through the harsh conditions of Venus' surface that could transform the planet's atmosphere into being oxygen-rich via photosynthesis, thereby causing an oxygenation event similar to Earth's Great Oxygenation Event about 2,300,000,000 years ago?
>>
>>8856910
Name one extremophile that can stand temperatures upwards of 500 degrees and the crushing pressure of venus' atmosphere
>>
>>8855468
this
>>
>>8855294
terraforming is a meme, mars core is dead so it's impossible
>>
A question here. Why does venus lack magnetic field when turds like mercury and even ganymede do? Is the high crust temperature fucking with the whole dynamo thing?
>>
>>8855450
>How much to terraform Mars without magnetic fields?
It would take millions of years for Solar wind to destroy the atmosphere.
>>
>>8855468
>>8855499
>>8855514
>MUH FLOATING CITIES
Not only would terraforming Venus be far FAR harder than doing it to pretty much any other planetary body in the solar system but even getting to venus is harder than it is to get to other places since you have to have an enormous amount of delta v to decelerate sunward.
>>
>>8857065
>Is the high crust temperature fucking with the whole dynamo thing?
Yeah most likely, no/little convection.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.