[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alternative medicine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: pseudoscienceBS.png (145KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pseudoscienceBS.png
145KB, 300x300px
My girlfriend sees a naturopath for her IBS, and claims that so far none of her real doctors have had success treating her.
She recently took a IgG blood test to check for sensitivities, and on top of the gluten, milk, and numerous other foods she has been instructed to avoid previously...her most recent results apparently indicate she should avoid soy, eggs, and a few other things.
How can I explain to her without causing cognitive dissonance, that regardless of her difficulties with real doctors, this is the wrong way to approach her IBS?
>>
>>8848149
Just dump her. It's a lot easier than trying to help her.
>>
>>8848149
No grain products, no fried or high temp cooked eggs (boiled eggs are fine), and no dairy products. All green veggies should be cooked well. If she has an inflamed intestine right now, she needs to be on a full liquid diet for ten days to allow it to heal. Then take a week to slowly go back on solid foods. Over the counter stuff like ibuprofen will help with the pain of inflammation, but only take a max of 800mg a day for up to 3 days in a row.
>>
>>8848149
She may be just an idiot, or she may be woefully misinformed. The former cannot be cured or endured, the later can be corrected over time.

Which one applies to her is something you have to judge.
>>
>>8848203
She's definitely not an idiot, just raised by Chinese parents that are all about alternative medicine.
>>
>>8848195
What is this based on?
>>
>>8848149
My girlfriend is under the same impression :(
I feel for you OP.
>>
>>8848217
Everything my doctor told me and it worked for me and a few others under his care. The full liquid diet felt like it saved my fucking life.
>>
Biochem and Nutritional science major here....it's called a low FODMAP (fermentable oligo/di/monosaccharides and polyols)....basically shit your gut flora ferment which causes the gas and pain.
>>
>>8848560
Inulin fucking kills me.

>eat plate of sunchokes
>EXTREME DURESS
>get arrested for blowing away half the state
>>
Redpill her you cuck.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.