[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graviton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: graviton.png (135KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
graviton.png
135KB, 300x225px
How to discover a graviton?
>>
>>8848139
a graviton is not a real particle in reality. a single graviton would have the form of the entire universe one oscillation back in space-time. gravity is a multi-tool of energy balance, but it does not interact through particles. it is the connection between them. the unified universe is a graviton.
>>
>>8848238
this is gold
>>
>>8848238
I had read that it was a hypothetical particle, thanks for the clarification
>>
take a photon and spin it
>>
File: WisdomGravitron3.jpg (124KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
WisdomGravitron3.jpg
124KB, 800x600px
I don't know where to get one right now but you can probably find one at the fair later this summer
>>
>>8848139
That's not my department
>>
>>8848139
There is no such thing as graviton.
>>
>>8848238
Are you trolling pseudoscience or is this the reality?
>>
>>8849619
maybe exist
>>
>>8848139
Gravity is light.
>>
>>8848238
This
>>
>>8848139
Search behind the fridge. That's where I find most things.
>>
>>8848139
>le ebin graviton meme

It doesn't exist boi. Gravity is too weak to apply to the standard model, so gravity is probably an emergent property, not a fundamental one.
>>
The actual physical existence of messenger particles such as gluons is questionable. They could be abstract constructs used to foster the math.
>>
>>8851348

You forgot under the couch, a whole slew of leptons had spun under there last time I looked
>>
>>8848139
Step 1) Confirm a theory that says gravitons exist.
>>
>>8849621
He is serious.
The only way to detect gravitons is to weigh them but how do you weigh weight itself.
>>
Wasn't a graviton supposedly detected last year or something? I'm not familiar with the details, but in an L-shaped facility a particle believed to be a graviton momentarilywarped a beam of light?
>>
>>8849456
I can't wait to go to wild wood
>>
>>8853075
I'm by no means an expert in the subject but if I'm remembering correctly what the facility was attempting to prove was the existence of gravitational waves. Someone with more expertise in the subject might be able to say if that is related at all to, or implies the existence of, a hypothetical elementary particle like the graviton.
>>
>>8853068
Just put it on scales dude lmao
>>
>>8848238
that means antigravity can't exist?
>>
>>8848238
What a load of Deepak Chopra BS
go already, off to >>>/x/
>>
>>8856349
Even if gravitons do exist, it's beleived that they would be their own anti-particles similar to photons. Making anti gravity even less likely
>>
>>8848139
Last year or so gravitational waves were detected.
Due to wave-particle-dualism this is also the detection of a graviton.
>>
>>8854482

Sort of. What LIGO really detected was the propagation delay of the gravitational interaction of a wobbling hypermassive object - a black hole, or something similar, that had an observed oscillatory motion. What that proved was that, while it didn't observe quantized gravity (at least not directly), gravity is not "spooky action at a distance" but rather a tensor field just like any other.

I'm not doing a great job explaining it, so here's a video that does it much better:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YHS9g72npqA
>>
Ur mum is the universes biggest source of gravitons
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.