[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if moon left the orbit and get out of the Milky Way? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (4KB, 184x186px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 184x186px
What if moon left the orbit and get out of the Milky Way? How this effects world?
>>
People would not just doubt the moon landings anymore, but even the Moon itself.
>>
>>8847688
There would be no tides and earth would freeze due to lack of tidal heating. The lack of tides would cause the core to stop rotating (due to friction) and our magnetic field would be destroyed. With no magnetic field solar flares would destroy all electricital equipment.
>>
>>8847688
we all die
>>
>>8847688

There would be catastrophic climate disruption for a few hundred years, then things would be fine.
>>
>>8848824
Just because of a little moon?

T. Brainlet
>>
>>8847688
It can't. If some impetus caused the moon to not be there anymore, I'd be way more concerned about that than any consequences of our sudden lack of a moon.
>>
File: Space1999_Year1_Title.jpg (25KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
Space1999_Year1_Title.jpg
25KB, 400x303px
>>8847688
There was a documentary about this.
>>
>>8849216
Yes.
>>
>>8848824
Another proof for the Creators!
>>
>>8847688
Whaddiff you learn some orbital mechanics, 'tard?
>>
>>8848824
genuine question, how does the moons orbit keep the earth rotating? Why wouldn't the rotation decrease in this case?
>>
>>8850562
It's because the inverse of the curve of it's orbital velocity is equal to the earth's rotation in the same axis. There is a small decrease but it's not noticeable unless you have advanced measuring equipment like the ones they have in the ISRO lab.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.