[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Leonardi da Vinvi literally the smartest person ever? Not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: leonardo-da-vinci-40396-2-raw.jpg (407KB, 789x1200px) Image search: [Google]
leonardo-da-vinci-40396-2-raw.jpg
407KB, 789x1200px
Was Leonardi da Vinvi literally the smartest person ever?

Not just a scientist and mathematician but also a top tier artist. It's like if Einstein and Van Gogh were the same guy
>>
>>8846790
>Top tier
Stopped reading there.

Overused meme words.
>>
>>8846790
If he were a live today do you think he'd be doing more than Elon Musk?
>>
>>8846790
The bar was set pretty low at that point desu. Polymath-ism is dead.

If Da Vinci was born today he'd be shoehorned into some specific branch of science doing research on the bonds between two specific charges on rubidium atoms in a lab somewhere.

In 20 years time he'll produce a hand full of papers and no one would have heard of him.
>>
>>8846790
In terms of pure brainpower he gets shit on by Johnny, Ramanujan, Newton, Leibniz, Gauss, Euler, Maxwell, Tesla and Archimedes
>>
>>8846838
And Euclid. I swear, he's always forgotten in these discusssions.
>>
>>8846790
Except he contributed nothing to mathematics and science aside from studying the flow of a river like a cuck. Kill yourself.
>>
>>8846790
no. he was 90% an artist.
>>
>>8846825
I wonder what goes on in people's head when they post like you
>>
>>8846830
>Implying that truly generally intelligent people fall for the overspecialized scientist meme
Don't get me wrong I'm glad people do that stuff, but someone who has the capacity to grasp the brilliance of life does not get stuck in that rut
>>
>>8848228
If anything that solidifies his place in top
>>
>>8848242
and why would that be? he barely contributed to anything /sci/
>>
I like some of his batshit technical drawings but I find his art unimpressive compared to things like pic related. I dunno about his science though.
>>
File: 1490410756524.jpg (29KB, 339x382px) Image search: [Google]
1490410756524.jpg
29KB, 339x382px
>>8846790
The smartest person to live so far was or most likely will be lost to history. But I have a sneaking suspicion that it's this guy.
>>
>>8846790

Da Vinci is literally the poster child for "Smart but lazy". It was undeniable he was smart. But it's also undeniable that his system of motivation failed him in seeing projects through to the end.

A completed project and demonstration is worth more than a million ideas unfulfilled.
>>
>>8848153
>not knowing the Euclid's book was a compilation, not original work
>>
John von Neumann is the only non brainlet to ever exist
>>
>>8848305

>Von Neumann's sperm was never preserved and will never father thousands of non-brainlet offspring

What a missed opportunity. There's an investor banker in New York whose sperm has fathered hundreds of children.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.