[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8844537
He didn't like the probabilistic nature of QM. Hence his quip.
>>
>the philosophical implications of quantum mechanics make me uncomfortable
/thread
>>
>>8844537
The worst part is that this necessitates his belive in a god.
>>
>>8844539
I guess one way to put is that he didn't agree with the idea of probability and chance
>>
>>8844546
In German, god is often used to mean the universe or "creation" itself. Don't overrate his usage of the word.
>>
It was metaphorical. He was more a deist and said his idea of god was kinda like spinoza
>>
>>8844546
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213513/Albert-Einstein-letter-uses-say-religion-childish-goes-auction-1-85MILLION.html
>>
>>8844555
Wrong. God means God in all languages. You are stupid.
>>
ITT: uncomfortable fedoras
>>
>>8844537
Maybe that god has no dice so he can't play with it ;)
or he means (subconsciously) that humans will try to understand and explain everything they see so long until all this knowldege seems to be determined by the universe, but in reality it only is out of the viewpoint of humans that think they know more than they do
>>
>>8844546
The sentence could be interpreted as "If there is something truly random, it is a proof god does not exist"
It doesn't mean that a deterministic universe proves god exists. It's an implication, not an equivalence
>>
>>8844761
no, its >>8844539
he was arguing with niels bohr about QM and bohr told einstein to stop telling god what to do
>>
he means the universe is deterministic
>>
QM probabilities don't matter for the in/determinism discussion anyway. Nature could be superdeterministic. It's not really a question that can even be answered.
>>
File: david_attenborough_tcm9-345814.jpg (66KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
david_attenborough_tcm9-345814.jpg
66KB, 768x432px
>>8844546
>i cant into metaphors
That's not what he meant, Pajeet.
>>
>>8844943
>pajeet
Go back to /g/
>>
>The more I study science, the more I believe in God

Atheists BTFO
>>
He means "all the entire matter, and forces greater than us and unbeknown to us, encompassing all of the universe, and all chains of actions there are" and he uses the word god as a short description so lots of people understand it at least partially
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.