[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eternal Return

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: after_life.jpg (33KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
after_life.jpg
33KB, 620x372px
>Will die
>Will go through an Eternal Oblivion
>Realize eternity is a long time, and if there is a .0001% chance of resurrection it will likely come to fruition due to the sheer amount of time if the universe never truly under goes a heat death

Is there anything more to this?

Eternal return might be a reality.
There's so much uncertainty.
>>
>>8841715
What if there is a 0% chance
>>
>>8841765
Then we're boned, but there's no way to say with certainty that it's a 0% chance.
>>
If this is the case, you won't remember the last time and won't care.
>>
>>8841765
It's kind of like looking at a rock.

If there's a chance the atoms inside of it will come together once more through an eternity of time, it's a 100% chance the rock will exist once more.

Then just apply that to human beings.

It sounds far fetched, but so too does an infinite amount of time.
>>
>>8841715
> can't imagine existence outside the time frame of reference

m-m-muhhhh seconds
sorry sweetie but ur dumb
>>
>>8841781
Can you tell me more?
I'm not educated on things like this
>>
>>8841715
Been reading to many, "War Eternal" books, OP?

Eternal return does not exist.
>>
>>8841798
What theory gets rid of it though?
>>
>>8841715
Time itself is a dimension and so true oblivion at the end of the universe wouldn't give any chance of resurrection. No time doesn't mean eternity.
>>
>>8841798
This is very frustrating.
There's so much that's completely unknown.

I looked at the wheel example, and we can't even be sure that it's the definitive refutation because it needs a perfect continuity.
>>
>>8841821
I'm tired, so I probably won't give you any brilliant insights, and I'm more likely to type drivel, but how can we be sure that we'll ever hit true oblivion?
>>
I've come to accept I'm betting on a magic carpet.
>>
If eternal recurrence were to be true then that would mean you're living all of your infinite lives simultaneously. Which means death must truly be the end for all of them.
>>
the writings of the likes of tolstoy must seem like inane, childish ramblings to an omniscient superintelligence
>>
>>8841863
entropy n sheeit
>>
>>8842240
Doesn't life suck
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.