[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prisoner's dilemma isn't a dilemma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: prisoners_dilemma.jpg (859KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
prisoners_dilemma.jpg
859KB, 1600x1600px
Seriously, find a single guy in prison who would want to be known as the guy that snitched
>>
>>8840407
Just both remain silent, get small sentences because they can't really make anything stick and don't get murdered for snitching.
>>
>>8840407
That's why they're in prison.
>>
>>8840407
The snitch only stays in jail if both snitch and then they would be known as the guys who snitched on each other. It would become a prison-wide joke. Even the guards would laugh.
>>
>>8840424
Yeah, but if someone robbed you of 20 years of life, you would track them down and kill them... or at least, I would.
>>
File: Nothing But Trash.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing But Trash.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>8840407
>thought experiment
>>
>>8840427
Kek literally fly abroad and then your jailed friend will never be able to even gather the money to leave the country.
>>
>>8840437
It is not a thought experiment, it is a classic example of a game in game theory.

Brainlets, we want you out.
>>
>>8840438
Even if I didn't have the money, I would illegally travel across borders to find you.
>>
File: trump-flynn-701x437.jpg (50KB, 701x437px) Image search: [Google]
trump-flynn-701x437.jpg
50KB, 701x437px
>>8840407
>find a single guy in prison who would want to be known as the guy that snitched
>>
>>8840407
How does it make sense that you get 20 years of the other guy snitches on you but only 5 if you both snitch on each other?
>>
>>8840407
So you didn't snitch.
But I did, and I don't go to jail so I don't care.
>>
>>8840407
>there's no such thing as trust
Whatever buddy
>>
>>8840471
Because it creates incentives to snitch.
>>
>>8840472
Good thing everyone in the mafia is in prison
Good thing everyone in prison never gets out
oh wait
>>
>>8840471
>>8840482
To followup more precisely, it's a situation in which the dominant strategy is not the one with the best possible outcome.
>>
>>8840442
>he thinks that games are not thought experiments

I want /v/ posters to leave.
>>
>>8840487
>game theory is about videogames

wew lad you are too stupid to insult. Please get out. Just get out.
>>
>>8840407

Prison is full of snitches
>>
Both snitching will be the most frequent outcome, bar any exterior influences.

If you are silent you either get 20 or 1 years. If you snitch you get 0 or 5.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.