/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medical Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Gatunek_leczniczy.svg.png (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gatunek_leczniczy.svg.png
45KB, 480x480px
>Do you consider medicine a science or can a medfag contribute to science?

>What do you think about the healthcare of others countries?

>Med/pharma related topics here
>>
>>8836476
>>Do you consider medicine a science or can a medfag contribute to science?
Who gives a shit.
>>What do you think about the healthcare of others countries?
Only if I'm in that country and need medical care. This is a pol topic asswipe.
>>Med/pharma related topics here
No.
>>
Fpbp
>>
it is telling that something called "evidence-based medicine" only became a thing in the 20th century.
many of the most useful things (eg germ theory, penicillin) were not discovered by physicians. they are turbo brainlets, comparable to engineers.
>>
>>8836476
>>Do you consider medicine a science or can a medfag contribute to science?
Medicine in itself probably isn't science, but it's the application of science. There is medical research of course, which is science.
>>
File: Caduceus.svg.png (9KB, 170x202px) Image search: [Google]
Caduceus.svg.png
9KB, 170x202px
>>8836476
Medicine is definitely a science and its discussion belongs on /sci/. The medical profession's use of experimental trials, which often involve a hypothesis of the effects of a treatment, usually formed through logical understanding of human physiology, have lead to many breakthroughs in medicine. Studying the side effects of other medicines has also contributed to physiological understanding of the underlying systems.

Medicine has a reputation for being "unscientific" because in its early years, it really was just guesswork, superstition, and some basic herbal treatments. But nowadays there is a ton of evidence and mistakes to learn from, and medicine is fully backed by reliable science.
>>
>>8836511
You can use that same line of reasoning to justify posting recipes on /sci/.
>>
File: insulinpump.gif (17KB, 350x286px) Image search: [Google]
insulinpump.gif
17KB, 350x286px
I think medicine is alike to engineering, only because it applies different fields of science to create something practical (pure opinion).
Pic related is the love child of endocrinology and engineering. And although it doesn't contribute a lot to science, it does help alot of people with the beetus.
>>
>>8836476
My fucking idiot family keeps thinking I'm too dumb to be a doctor. I don't believe what they say, but how the fuck do I get them to stop breathing down my neck and let me do it?
>>
>>8836683
Lol, what happened?
>>
>>8836683
Intelligence has very little to do with being a doctor.

To get an MD, all you have to do is be able to memorize and regurgitate a ton of information. There's little actual thought to it. Med school is only stressful because each class expects you to memorize fine distinctions between a few hundred items every week and retain a decent hunk of that.
>>
>>8836683
My family's just a bunch of corporate slaves. Accountants, Bankers and Entrepreneurs. I'm like the "special" kid that wants to be a doctor. We've never had a doctor in the family and for some reason they think we never will. I don't give a shit about whether or not there has ever been a doctor here, I just want to do it not for them, but for me, cause I know I want to and will be able to do it. It gets really demoralizing sometimes, holy fucking shit.
>>
>>8836683
Become a nurse instead. It's a quarter of the work for about half the paycheck and you'll only hate yourself marginally more at the end of the day.
>>
>>8837002
Are you a nurse? I'm thinking of being one but every nurse I've talked to dislikes it. They don't like being shit on literally and figuratively. The pay seems okay but I don't think nurses ever reach 6 figures.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.