[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1200 meter tsunamis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1492455962570.jpg (2MB, 1280x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1492455962570.jpg
2MB, 1280x1800px
I saw pic related somewhere here on 4chan.

[spoiler] Ignore the conspiracy theory stuff [/spoiler]

Anyways, this scientist claims that if you detonate a megabomb underwater near a coast, you could create 1200 meter tsunamis that would flood the land near it.
Is he right?
>>
>>8834510
Define "Meter"
>>
>>8834519
The meter that is the basis of the metric system.
Why?
>>
BUMP PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS
>>
>>8834519
The distance the light travels in a vacuum during a 1/299792458 th of a second
I don't know for the wave, 1200 meters, it seems like an incredible volume of water
>>
>>8834510
Could be possible, but isn't by far as destructive as he claims. Just dropping that bomb on New York would probably cause more damage.
>>
>>8834510
I thought that was Ellen Degeneres.
>>
>>8834652
>>8834652
i'm honestly not sure about that. to new york, yes, but the radius of the bomb is fairly limited compared to what a tsunami wave that size could make happen.
>>
>>8834510

No. There have been underwater bomb tests, no tsunami is caused.
>>
>>8834510
If you put a bomb in water the fuse will go out
>>
>>8834703
The earthquake that caused the tsunami of 2004 was 400 megatons strong. Thats around 4000 hiroshima bombs. Niw what do you think would cause more damage, 4000 hiroshima bombs or one tsunami the size of 2004?
>>
File: 939we9rwer.png (1MB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
939we9rwer.png
1MB, 1252x1252px
>>8834510
>Moving that much water with that little energy
The meteor that killed the dinosaurs created a tsunami that was around 100 meters tall, and hit with an estimated force of over 200 gigatons of TNT.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.