[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people even study math , we have calculators these days xdd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1491824365234.jpg (76KB, 645x858px) Image search: [Google]
1491824365234.jpg
76KB, 645x858px
why do people even study math , we have calculators these days xdd
>>
>>8833864

Don't you have something better to do with your life?
>>
>implying arithmetic is math
kek brainlet
>>
>>8833864
>we have calculators these days
??????
This is true for LITERALLY any field of study, although math is the least affected.

Psychologists (or any other meme-major) will be long replaced by machines before any mathematician has to fear for his job.
>>
>>8833864
Why do people even study science, we have textbooks these days xdd
>>
File: 1491841860390.jpg (9KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1491841860390.jpg
9KB, 250x226px
How else would u figure out 1+1 without kekulator xddd
>>
>>8833896
He probably doesn't.
>>
>>8834027
You're joking, but one day soon we will have textbooks that read themselves. It's called automation.
>>
>>8834979
Will that make them self-aware? Spooky
>>
>>8833864
Bait belongs on the fishing board; take it over there!
>>
>>8835031
There's a fishing board?!
>>
Most of the higher level shit has zero use in a practical sense.
At some point it just become "can we solve a problem we invented for our self"
>>
>>8834020
It's easier for a machine to do some calculations than to understand something as complex as the human brain
>>
>>8835064
Such a thing seemed obvious about imaginary numbers, but today they have wide usage in fluid dynamics and engineering
>>
Indeed. Why do you ned to solve those integrals by finding an antiderivative? Just use the riemann sum approximation.
>>
>>8835091
So you can practice antis for when you need them.
>>
>>8835093
There is no need for antiderivatives. There are many functions that doesnt even have those in a nice form. And even if you get some 1/cos(arcsin(tan(e^x))) as a solution, you still have to put that on the calculator, that uses some approximation. Why not calculate it directly?
>>
>>8833896
>can't handle the bantz
Are you German?
>>
>>8835101
The calculation tells you nothing of the behaviour of the function, which is where you gain insight.
>>
Be so kind my fellow brainlet and leave this board. WHat you say is true but, in an age where computers are not yet able to create theories and dfind new ways of understanding the univee we have to. Besides, what do you think you would be doing if not math ? Perhaps read Hiegels works and life starts sucking.
>>
A better question is why do we mindlessly teach kids retatded computational methods instead of math if we have calculators? I blame old farts who think everyone needs to compute 100 5x5 determinants cause if not they will never understand them.
>>
Can a calculator do this?
y=y+2
>>
>>8835062
Gee, Billy, there's a board for EVERYTHING these days. Priced be it, when the only board was a communication between two computers in different countries sending reports about the war. You kids really have it good, with your /b/'s and /c/'s. All we had was /a/'s, and it was fucking cancer! All of those... cartoons... it was too much. I couldn't take it. It wasn't my fault! I was overwhelmed! I'm sorry, okay?
>>
>>8836035
Increment Y by two? Yes, normal calculators can do that
>>
>>8835069
Exactly.
A mathematician does absolutely no calculations.

Computers have a VERY hard time actually proving things.
>>
>>8836248
They can prove things all day, they just can't interesting things fast.

Then again, neither can most people.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.