[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Time Seems to Only Move Forward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: spacetime.gif (6KB, 482x482px) Image search: [Google]
spacetime.gif
6KB, 482x482px
I am just wanting to brainstorm some ideas and if someone wants to toss in an opinion or something, so be it.
I was studying some science articles and one talked about how gravity works. Mainly why Earth and other planets are spherical but our Galaxy is more disk like.
one of the points mentioned that pressure helps to form a sphere. Gravity pulls the rocks down (relative to the center of gravity), and pressure pushes the rock outward in all directions (other parts of the earth push outward from their location and into it's space). this condenses the mass equally on all sides as it's own pressure attempts to fight back. Gravity continues to pull it to the cored mass in the center.

I explain this to better illustrate my actual point (again sorry for the rant/wall of text). This describes the shaping of the 3D aspect of our universe.

my topic: 4TH Dim.

Why does Time seem to only flow Forward despite that all Maths have determined that there shouldn't be any restriction for it.
my proposed solution to the question

in the 4th Dim., there are forces of nature similar to gravity and pressure that act on time in a similar manner. Instead of being pulled to a specific point on the 3D map, Time is being pulled to a specific point in the 4D planescape. we are just along for the ride.

Instead of being pulled, Time is being propelled or pushed away from it's starting point (Big Bang or 4D equivalent).
in one scenario. Gravity works as a pulling force in the 3rd Dim. and then passes into the 4th, acting as the Pushing force (Gravity does affects Time)

The 2nd unknown force would be intrinsic to the 4th dim. and act on Time like Pressure acts on matter. Except it pulls time in every direction equally. this allows for multiple outcomes for every moment in time. which falls in line with the multiple universe theory.
oh well... just a thought. i hit my head earlier and haven't been able to stop thinking about this, but writing it out has helped. now for sleep.
>>
>>8832625
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhnKBKZvb_U
>>
>>8832625
Your pseudo-intelligence and pop sci garbage have no use here, please fuck off to reddit thanks.
>>
>>8832646
thanks for proving me right. any person who is so openly closed minded enough to not even entertain a thought that they disagree with, is intellectually stunted.
>>
>>8832655
le citizen scientist

Math BTFO
>>
>>8832655
>>8832625
Entropy dude. Sorry but you're not going to find an answer like that chatting with some guys on a georgian cuisine forum.
>>
>>8832625
>Why does Time seem to only flow Forward despite that all Maths have determined that there shouldn't be any restriction for it.
Time doesn't move, it exist, and you only remember past because causality.
>>
A lot of very smart people spent their life thinking about this exact problem...

I'm gonna tell them all that some kid on the internet just solved the issue by day dreaming some half-assed explaination. Just give me your adress so we can send your Nobel prize.

More seriously, it is one of the biggest question in physics now days...

Your idea kind of sucks (sorry...:!) because (and this is the isssue), Time actually seems to be isotropic, meaning that we haven't observe any phenomena which happens diferently at different times or space.
This is why the idea of a special "point" in 4D space (we speak of "event" usually) pulling the whole universe is really not likely, as we would see some inhomogeneity in the universe toward this point...

Entropy is really a non-answer : in order to define entropy, and derive the 2nd thermodynamic principle, you need to take as hypothesis the non-reversibility! Carnot said "you cannot heat up the hottest piece you got by cooling the coldest", Planck said "you cannot produce energy from a monotherm ensemble", they are multiple starting point possible but in the end you never "explain" the irreversibility, your just showing it.

My take on the subject is that the time is not passing at all from a physics point of view. The universe just IS, at any point at any time, in it wholeself.
WE as human feels the time "pass", because what we call consciousness is be essence a temporal phenomena : Thinking can only take place in time. Therefore it is not the time passing, it is only what we call "me" that needs time to exist, that is fundamentally temporal.
>>
>>8832655
I did entertain the notion until I was finished reading. You don't understand what you are talking about the concepts require a moderate amount of intelligence to digest and you sir seem to not be capable.
>>
>>8833355
Triple dubs. OP confirmed for negroid retard.

/Thread
>>
File: demiurge.jpg (9KB, 150x184px) Image search: [Google]
demiurge.jpg
9KB, 150x184px
Time is an Archon whose only purpose is torment.
>>
>>8832625
Everything can be broken with the right frequency.
Except God.
>>
>>8832625
Forward is a social construct.
>>
>>8834362
Backwards is a social construct.
>>
>>8834362
>>8834383
Antimatter is a social construct
>>
Time can move only forward because entropy can only increase.

All travelling back to the past means is changing the qualities of particles back to how they were previously.
>>
>>8833323
This
>>
>>8834383
No anon what I am saying time doesnt go in any direction because directions dont actually exist time just is anon.
>>
>>8835058
>photons propagate through entropy

you're a brainlet
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.