[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smoking myself stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Hey /sci/ 4 year daily smoker. I've gone sober, exams coming up. I think I've smoked myself stupid. I don't have the same working memory and problem solving abilities I used to. I have no idea if this will come back with time. Wat do?
>>
It will come back with time. That's it.
>>
>>8832205
lol No it won't.
>>
>>8832199
give it 90 days. get some exercise.
>>
>>8832205
It might. It definitely won't if you don't stop. But you should probably stop completely. Don't do that thing stoners do where they stop for a couple of weeks and then start again.
>>
>>8832212

He's being sarcastic. Looks like some of us were born retarded.
>>
>he fell for the smoking weed expands your mind meme

This is what they call social Darwinism I think
>>
>>8832215
Yes, and eat my greens.
>>
>>8832223
It's more the crippling depression and lack of any sort of challenge in college. Same is true now, I'm still wildly faster than most of my peers (physics and math) but most of them are normies in it for the diploma.
>>
>>8832199
when did you quit, yesterday?
>>
>>8832222
nice quads m8
>>
>>8832199
If you started smoking you were already too stupid for that degeneration to concern you.
>>
>>8832235
>>8832220

A few weeks now and I have no intention of going back to the old lifestyle. I've got a research internship coming up and can't go in stinking of ganja everyday.
>>
>>8832199

study high, get high grades op
>>
>>8832258
Been there, done that. Sadly it worked, convincing me I do not have a problem. The only thing that did was a difficult problem at the end of a fluid dynamics course. The smart kids made progress while I sat there convinced they were wrong because of my shitty stoner memory. Time to make a change I thought. That time it seems like it's for good.
>>
>>8832199
I did the same shit OP. I was a big time stoner in H.S. first college b/c of depression and social acceptance i guess. Thought that I had smoked myself stupid. Now I still smoke but only maybe once or twice in a non-in-session month and am crushing my PChem course. you'll be fine, just lay off and workout.
>>
File: 1492134568657.jpg (34KB, 407x408px) Image search: [Google]
1492134568657.jpg
34KB, 407x408px
>>8832222
>I was only joking. lol
>>
>>8832199
It'll come back, for the most part. I did the same shit in hs, but stopped my final year and did way better. Memory tends to come back within a month or two
>>
>>8832245
takes more than a few weeks for the brainlet effects to wear off.

i remember it being just over a month before i felt normal again
>>
>>8832283
>>8832327

Good to hear. I think the subconscious aspect is the biggest thing preventing me from focusing right now. The addiction totally faded once I realised what I was doing to myself.

The social acceptance is the killer, it took all the stoners I knew dropping out or doing terribly at their third rate community colleges for me to being to see it as a problem. Then it was a matter of "I'm better than those guys I can still do it and I'll be fine." Now I like to think I took the left hand path to science. The long way round I guess.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.