[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Math bad dreams?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: wgu9p8E.jpg (46KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
wgu9p8E.jpg
46KB, 500x375px
I woke up caught in a few dream thoughts that were causing distress
(think about getting trapped in a cave and freaking out).
I don't remember exactly the content but it was about Peano axioms.
Eventually I managed to get comfy again and fall back to sleep.
Does this happen to anyone?
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/SweatyPalms/comments/3yt7fi/spelunker_john_jones_trapped_upside_down_in_a_cave/
>>
I once had a dream where I was chilling in a bar with Hamilton, Euler and Russel. We got super shitfaced and started coming up with a universal mathematics, written on bar napkins.
I can't remember any details about the math itself. But I remember it didn't contain any symbols used in common parlance.
Just as we were finishing up a proof of the Continuum Hypothesis, Kurt Godel busts in and starts shooting up the place with a machine gun. Then he doused the floor with gasoline and lit it on fire, and calmly walked out, muttering something about Leibniz.
>>
File: hofstadter_geb.jpg (9KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
hofstadter_geb.jpg
9KB, 300x351px
>>8826268
>thoughts that were causing distress
>Peano axioms
The fuck, I can't even dream about axiom systems let alone recognize them in my dreams
Did you get spooked by pic related or something
>>
File: Caving Is Fun.jpg (2MB, 3136x2184px) Image search: [Google]
Caving Is Fun.jpg
2MB, 3136x2184px
>>8826268
Why is caving so fucking fun?
>>
>>8826285
No, I did rehearse them yesterday though.
I have that book but what's the point when you can go read an actual logic book?
I don't like the author glorifying Bach and Escher either.
Goedel is alright.
>>
>>8826280
this is gold
>>
>>8826305
FUCK OFF
>>
one time I had a dream that was nothing but black and then some equations popped up in red and orange and it stressed me the fuck out, woke up feeling really stressed for the entire day
>>
>>8826268
Yeah any topic you saturate yourself in can turn up in dreams. Chess is the last one I had a "dafuq" dream where it was involved.
>>
>>8826319
Yeah, It happens with other stuff; should be called Tetris effect.
>>
File: 2380266276_570418b291_z.jpg (64KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
2380266276_570418b291_z.jpg
64KB, 500x333px
>>8826318
Kekkest.
>>
>>8826268
sometimes I try to do proofs when im dreaming and if it doesnt work its extremely distressing.
>>
>>8826568
>sometimes I try to do proofs when im dreaming and if it doesnt work its extremely distressing.
In my experience they just don't make, thence the frustration.
>>
>>8826318
PLEASE EXPLAIN THE JOKE
>>
>>8826276
I know I'll get called a sissy for saying this but what the fuck is the point of spelunking? It's so fucking dangerous. Even if you're an adrenaline junkie there are dozens of less insane methods of getting a feeling of adventure.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.