[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thots???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tom campbell.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tom campbell.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
This guy uses quantum mechanics to prove we live in a virtual reality. What think???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc
>>
That Gates guy did the same thing. Carl Sagan also had this idea, which he wrote about in his book Contact.
>>
>>8823352
>Thots???
Where?!
>>
>>8823352
>using assumptions he made up with made up math to conclude our happens to be something we can easily comprehend
>>
>>8823352
He's have right. It's not really a virtual reality but a giant mind (God).
>>
>>8823587
Wait, so we're living in Final Fantasy X?
>>
>>8823618
And The Elder Scrolls!
>>
Good stuff. Check out his channel, hours of footage. Spiritual Materialism is usually vulgar and pointless but the argument that Matter is at best Information, and this is strictly by Materialist definitions, and that Reductive Materialism is self-refuting in the sense that if a particle is elementary then it could not have come into being by material means, are vital to everyone's thinking.
>>
>>8823658
I think the foundations of materialism or physicalism are slowly eroding, that's for sure. It scares me to think what could possibly replace it.
>>
>>8823352
This is ridiculous. Is he trying to imply that (((someone))) is playing as a literal piece of shit or that there is consciousness associated to electrons. His assertion is completely bigoted. There must be something happening that we cannot detect yet. What is he doing is exactly what religious people do. Just because there does not seem to be a logical explanation regarding the results of an experiment you cannot just make up a dimension of consciousness to explain your findings. The scientific community is right to disregard these theories. The problem with this kind of individuals is that, while they make a point too stupid to be taken serious by anyone who is rational, they pander to religion riddled idiots that claim their god to be valid just because science says so.
>>
>>8823352
Thots? Very misleading OP. I'm downvoting you.
>>
File: shutitdown.png (212KB, 450x290px) Image search: [Google]
shutitdown.png
212KB, 450x290px
>mfw

seriously guys this stuff isn't for your.... type. Please continue drinking fluoridated water
>>
>>8823665
Why does that scare you? We're approaching new horizons
>>
>>8823352
>Particles aren't particles, they're probability distributions.

Seems reasonable to me what's the problem here.
>>
Oh nevermind getting further on in the video and I can see where the controversy arises. This guy is waaay too attached to his online video game metaphor.
>>
>>8823352
He can astral project.
He's a bit of a nut in certain ways.

Describing it as a video game makes people thinks he's crazy.
Its the eternal tao
>>
Tangentially related: How come Penrose went off the rails and is talking Deepak level shite about quantum consciousness?
>>
File: 1487815629758.webm (806KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1487815629758.webm
806KB, 320x320px
>>8823363
>>
Is living in a virtual reality the new god proof thing?

You can't prove anything that operates outside of our laws of nature.
>>
Is there a raid going on on /sci/?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.