[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>o.999... = 1? >Sorry anon but I don't date crazy people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: annoyed-girl.jpg (63KB, 300x399px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed-girl.jpg
63KB, 300x399px
>o.999... = 1?
>Sorry anon but I don't date crazy people
>>
Fuck off please.
>>
>>8821881
Mad hmmm?
>>
>>8821807
>implying I would be interested in dating a brainlet
>>
I mean for practical purposes yea
>>
>I've got 99 problems and you ain't 1.
>>
Where in "a Philly cheesesteak, please" did you get "I want to date you, and 0.999...=1"?
>>
>>8821807
That's fine, I don't date brainlets.
>>
>>8821885
>>8822634
>woman who aren't brainless

Hope you're gay
>>
>>8822634
>woman
>not a brainlet

Pick one
>>
>>8822916

To be fair, even a woman can understand that 0.999... = 1.
>>
>>8821807
lad you used o instead of 0
>>
>>8821807
I also dont date people who dont know about the definition of the reals and dont realize that both 0.999... and 1 are in the same equivalence class.

Now fuck of.
>>
>>8824032
Just as well since I don't date people who can't understand the difference between equality and equivalence.
I have a couple of friends like that, and every now and then I hear them making claims like the sum of the natural numbers being equal to a negative fraction. Nice people otherwise, though.
>>
>>8824067
I dont think you know what I am talking about or much about mathematics.

One way of defining the real numbers is through the completion of Q.
There you need to identify when 2 Cauchy series are equivalent.
You do that by defining equivalence classes and through that definition it is made obvious that 0.999.. and 1 are in the same equivalence class which is exactly when two numbers are equal.

It is somehow similar to how [math]\mathcal L^p[/math] spaces are made into to [math]L^p[/math] spaces.
(Obviously you dont do completion here, but try to get a proper metric space)
>>
How does this autism even wind up in a courtship conversation? Is it sum dumb nerdy pick up line or something?
>>
>>8822916
>>8822652
desu it makes me sad how most women dont give a shit about how anything works.
>>
>>8824111

yet an iranian lady has won the field medal while you sit on your chair shitposting in a mongolian cumboard
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.