[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /sci/ can you help me identify this tissue sample? Or point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: s.jpg (363KB, 1600x900px)
s.jpg
363KB, 1600x900px
Yo /sci/ can you help me identify this tissue sample? Or point me in the right direction?

I've been looking for days.

The 3 layer structure is really throwing me off I think.
I cant tell wth the massive lumens in the top could be.
The middle might be some kind of smooth muscle? The top and bottom some kind of neural tissue?

Sorry for the shitty quality image.
>>
>>8820785
bump
>>
>>8820785
Stomach?
t. not a medfag
>>
Looks like it could be stomach because of the three muscle layers in different directions.
>>
>>8820811
>>8820841
Really? What section of the stomach tho? Which side is the lumen?

It cant be from the inner stomach because there are no gastric pits or lamina propria?
>>
>>8820868
Again not medfag but I thought the white things could be gastric pits (not necessarily a perpendicular cut, could be at an angle or something), checked online though and the creases are much more pronounced. Same reseasoning as the other guy for the muscles.
>>
That looks like a sagittal section of a vertebral column. The vertebral bodies are the bulky blue parts in the upper layer (the 'lumens' are probably where the disks used to be), with some muscle fibers ventrally. The spinal cord is the middle layer and the vertebral spines and para-vertebral muscles are at the bottom. It's not ossified so it's probably an embryology sample.
>>
What about the ribcage?
>>
>>8820785
>0.56x magnification
that's the spine bro
>>
File: sagittal-real.jpg (51KB, 300x483px) Image search: [Google]
sagittal-real.jpg
51KB, 300x483px
>>8821148
forgot picture
>>
>>8820785
No medfag but aren't the lumens hair follicles?
>>
File: Histology dinosaur.jpg (45KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
Histology dinosaur.jpg
45KB, 480x476px
holy shit OP I don't even study vertebrates and it took me about 0.5 s to recognize that as a sagittal section through a spinal column, with the centra at the top, the neural spines at the bottom, and the neural canal at center.
vertebrae have a very distinctive shape in most tetrapods. have you never eaten bone-in chicken before or something?
>>
>>8821224
definitive proof we evolved from dinos
>>
>>8820785
Get any histology book instead of looking for things on the internet

And learn to recognize tissues by colours in different stains its not fucking rocket surgery.
Obviously you need to be confortable with the anatomy first or you are completely in the dark
That shit screams spine man

If you have been looking for days to id that you may be clinically retarded famtaichi.

PS: Clean that fucking taskbar
>>
>>8820785
>Yo /sci/ can you help me identify this tissue sample?
No.
But you should really really uninstall that useless bloatware that is on your PC and/or reinstall windows.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.