[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the secret to immortality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1478775435315.jpg (65KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1478775435315.jpg
65KB, 1024x682px
http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-rejuvenated-old-mice-with-the-blood-of-human-teenagers
>>
I love girls doing ahegao, but I can't see why it would lead to immortality
>>
>>8819085
Planed parenthood is using the blood of human fetuses to prevent the Clintons and Soros from dying.
>>
>>8819085
Who in the fuck authorized human blood to mingle with fucking vermin?!
>>
>>8819103

smart people
>>
>>8819085
>>
Why are we turning mice into super mice, genetically modified unkillable ubermice will dominate the earth with thick manes of hair
>>
>>8819085
Why does this picture make me so hard? :/
>>
File: aheago face dripping mouth.jpg (139KB, 1080x1073px) Image search: [Google]
aheago face dripping mouth.jpg
139KB, 1080x1073px
>>8819085
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>8819614
Hnnnngggg... I'm meant to be writing my dissertation, please stop distracting me.
>>
>>8819614

That's Crazychan.

http://www.imagefap.com/pictures/6574289/bphrodite-%2F-Crazy-chan
>>
>>8819634
Is that a he or a she?
>>
File: image.jpg (398KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
398KB, 1280x1024px
No. Immortality will revolve around stem cells.

To begin with, we have to establish criteria for success;

1: The treatment should leave the patient free from pain, and optimally leave them feeling better than before.
2: The treatment shouldn't deform the patient, and optimally should leave them looking younger than before.
3: If possible, the treatment should be designed to be cheap and easily repeatable - true immortality entails an eternity of care.
4: Enhancement should have to conform to the above criteria.

The differences between stem cell treatments and cancerous tumors are slight. Instead of fighting the tumor, why not let it overtake you?

Your neurons are, in fact, replaced. A brain tumor is composed of abnormal, over-dividing neurons. Psychosis and changes in consciousness are possible with brain tumors in general, and astrocytomas specifically.

Currently, we can grow cultures of stem cells and differentiate them into many different types. We can also make bioscaffolds, and load the cells into them. Would the result be human? Who cares - we can probablt meet all those criteria.

This blood nonsense is designed to throw you off the trail of true eternity.
>>
>>8819707
>Immortality
Impossible... your body CAN NOT be made immortal... even if you could make every cell immortal, the body is not evolved for immortality...
no way to remove heavy metals
no way to prevent buildup in blood system walls
teeth, tendons, etc will EVENTUALLY wear out

You WILL die in THIS body
>>
>>8819746
All the problems you mentioned seemed solvable. Hell, we've already solved teeth wearing out with dentures.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 459x459px
>>8819746

>no way to remove heavy metals

Genetically engineer yourself to survive the heavy metals, maybe even opening up entire metabolic pathways by actively modifying existing enzymes to use things like lead and plutonium.

>no way to prevent buildup in blood system walls

Cut the old, brittle tissue away and replace it.

>teeth, tendons, etc will EVENTUALLY wear out

Many animals can regrow teeth - sabertooth tigers could. Stem cell grown teeth are very close to clinical application, in fact. Tendons can also be regrown, but personally I'd just upgrade to this;

>http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms4848
>high tensile strength (3.76-5.53GPa)

And I'd replace my bones with this composite;

>http://spectrum.ieee.org/nanoclast/semiconductors/nanotechnology/for-first-time-graphene-and-metal-make-strong-composite

This improves the tensile strength of copper by 500x. The yield strength of copper is 70Mpa - 70 * 500 = 35,000Mpa, which is ten times stronger than steel and titanium.

The material itself can support cultures of neurons;

>http://www.nature.com/articles/srep01604
>Three-dimensional graphene foam as a biocompatible and conductive scaffold for neural stem cells
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.