[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

What do you guys do to keep yourself concentrated on studying?

I have weak memory, so Everytime I study for 30 min and then get bored to find myself making paperplanes or drawing fractals.

I've always had a problem in concentration, I get bored easily, even though now I'm majoring in BSc of Physics.
>>
Music. Something without vocals. For me, the right kind of music will block everything out except for what I want to focus on. I guess it takes away just enough of my attention to not leave room for anything else but work. It also helps to keep away boredom if you have a wide enough selection of music, preferably of slightly different genres/tempos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BduO68M7Fcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uZpl8ii2d0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpTvLhrJVNk
>>
>>8818802
Does it work for you? What's your gpa?
>>
>>8818790
If you have ADHD? Check and if so get Adderall. But if you don't and just and bad at focusing than I suppose you can watch motivation videos.
>>
>>8818803
Helps me stay focused, anyway. I also find that I'm able to think about life much more freely when listening to this type of music, like my mind just frees up.

BSc MAE, GPA ~3.7
>>
File: 1477825628614.jpg (330KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1477825628614.jpg
330KB, 768x1024px
>>8818790
Stress works well for me, I struggle with doing things that are too simple or I have alot of time for so I just increase my standards enough to make something basic into hell either with more examples or understanding the concepts better. For stuff I can't do that with or truly don't care about some music helps if I can't understand the lyrics or if there are none, or going for a quick jog especially when tired or bored.
>>
>>8818810
Oh and if it's cared about I graduated with high honors with gpa around 3.7 in math and astrophysics at an exclusively STEM school.
>>
>>8818810
oh goodness pls post more of this book
>>
>>8818816
I wish I knew what book, saved this image a long while ago.
>>
File: DINO.jpg (76KB, 372x500px) Image search: [Google]
DINO.jpg
76KB, 372x500px
>>8818816
The book is called " Dinosaurs By Design "
>>
>>8818790

I used speed, literally, not the grade A stuff you can find in any American campus (Adderall), but the really shitty stepped on powder made in some backwater lab, cut with creatine as well. It worked for couple of months with small doses and sufficient supplementation (tyrosine, minerals, vitamines). After a couple of months I resolved my underlying medical condition, getting off it wasn't as bad as I thought + there wasn't any damage caused by the drug since before resolving my condition, my blood results came back fine, stool sample as well.
>>
>>8818834
Thanks, sadly it doesn't seem to be easily found, no lists on libgen or in the #ebooks channel on irc
>>
>>8818854
That's cause it's rare, you can find it in thrift stores if you're lucky: https://thedispersalofdarwin.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/dinosaurs-by-design-thrift-store-treasure/
>>
>>8818805
I don't know much about ADHD, how to know if you have it?

>>8818802
>>8818810
never tried to study with music, i'm in library right now and i'll try it

>>8818841
is there some drugs I can take that are not addictive ?
>>
>>8818875
Use headphones or you're a cunt
Also try caffeine, it can give an immediate buzz and you can develop an association between that feeling and being productive if you only use caffeine for studying and work. If you use pills I suggest breaking them into smaller pieces, it takes longer to build a tolerance then and the initial feeling is the most important as a large portion of the stuff gets pissed out before being absorbed.
>>
>>8818890
>Use headphones or you're a cunt
Haha of course, I have headphones with me, listening to Ólafur Arnalds.

Thanks btw
>>
>>8818875
If you had ADHD you would probably know. Normies always like to complain about how they probably have ADHD. Like nigga I can't even find my notes for my classes because they're scattered all over my floor and I barely even know what day it is. Smh
>>
>>8819802
adhd ,like autism, has a spectrum
you might be suffering from extreme adhd
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.