[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't Americans celebrate their scientists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: 1491836736988.png (12KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1491836736988.png
12KB, 420x420px
Why don't Americans celebrate their scientists?
>>
>>8818163
We do. For example Einstein and Tesla.
>>
>>8818164
>Telsa
Fucking triggered. You got me... fuck you. He is not a scientist and contributed nothing to science, just like Musk.

I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE
>>
>>8818164
>Bait, but I'll take it!
Einstein was a German Ashkenazi, who grew into adulthood whilst in Germany, making him German.

Tesla was a Serbian, who also grew into adulthood whilst in Serbia.

This makes them both socially, non-American and infact, German and Serbian respectively.
>>
>>8818208
They were American citizens. Deal with it.
>>
>>8818210
You're all British anyway, so who cares?
>>
>>8818208
Additionally, they're dead and ancient. Where's the modern appreciation for current top scientists?
>>
>>8818188
That's because the American government confiscated all of his inventions like free energy.

You are enslaved by American government and banks. America will fall. This is the Russian century.
>>
>>8818208
Richard Feynman
>>
>>8818441
>This is the Russian century.
Thats a funny way to spell Chinese.
>>
>>8818163
Because scientists are nerds. We bully nerds in America
>>
File: Capture.png (140KB, 341x282px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
140KB, 341x282px
>>8818439
>Where's the modern appreciation for current top scientists?
>>
>>8818163
You don't have to be American to praise American scientists by name.
>>
>>8818208
> choosing to move away from your shithole makes you forever part of that shithole
naww mang
>>
>>8818439
don't be silly, people love the brilliant Neil Degrasse Tyson and Bill Nye
>>
>Neil Degrasse Tyson
>Bill Nye
>Sam Harris

Top tier astrophysict, top tier biologist and top tier neuroscientist.
>>
>>8818588
I think OP meant actual scientists.
>>
>>8818445
yeah, but nobody except total nerds like us know about feynman
>>
ITT: foreigners fail to understand what being American means

>>8818588
>>8818585
1/10 obvious bait
>>
File: arrrrr.gif (539KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
arrrrr.gif
539KB, 480x270px
>>8818163
Long standing roots of anti-aristocratic sentiment that included anti-educational opinions as well that haven't left because of herp a derp religious nuts and lay people claiming science is elitist and therefore not good or intended for lay people.
>>
Feynman and Oppenheimer are world famous scientists
t. kiwi
>>
>>8818840
Both have been dead for decades. Why aren't there any famous alive leading-scientists? No one even knows who the modern Nobel prize winners are except for meme peace prize winners
>>
Because they were all Germans they stole from Germany.
>>
>>8818163
All the trolling aside, it's not that much different in Europe though is it. The average normie has no clue who won the latest Nobel prize or what for.

There is still a bit less of an anti-science sentiment in Europe than in the USA, but that doesn't mean that we (Europeans) celebrate our scientists. I'm personally also of the opinion that we shouldn't celebrate scientists, but we should celebrate joint scientific efforts instead. Ideas should always be more important than the people who created those ideas.
>>
>>8818869
Because nothing that has happened in physics recently has been on the scale of relativity of QFT, duh.
>>
File: 1490469573838.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1490469573838.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>8818163

Why you ask? Well, you see there's this estimate that about 87-92% of modern physics are made by White man. Actually to this day we're still just proving and experimenting things that "old White men" predicted in last 500 years. Good example would be gravitational wave or Higgs boson. In chemistry this % is even bigger. Example have you ever seen periodic table with founding country's flag attached to each element box? And we shouldn't even go to computer sciences because there the gap is even bigger than in natural sciences. Do I even have to talk about liberal arts and economic scientists? Both were basically created to begin with by evil Whiteys.

Now, how do you think that this kind of "celebrate scientists" things fits to modern USA? When some snowflake sees how general theory of relativity wasn't created by queer black boy the outrage would be enormous.

Sciences and scientific discoveries are simply too "white" in United States and in modern world generally. Pure racism if you ask me...
>>
File: hiddenfigurestheblackmedia2016.png (306KB, 580x300px) Image search: [Google]
hiddenfigurestheblackmedia2016.png
306KB, 580x300px
>>8818897

Perfect example of this hypocrisy and double standards. When the scientist has right colored skin we should celebrate him/her but if he/she has wrong colored skin we should celebrate the scientific efforts.

Pic related is your scientific efforts. Just think what kind of outrage would that movie cause if they'd made same kind of movie about three white men. In America and modern world scientist's skin color matters. And White skin isn't right.
>>
>>8818910
>Perfect example of this hypocrisy and double standards.
No one brought up skin color but you. >>>/pol/
>>
>>8818905
You have an insane view of the world that has clearly been warped by too much time on the internet. No one mentioned race, fuck off back to whatever shithole board you came from
>>
>>8818914
>>8818921
No one brought up skin color or race but anon is kinda right. In a way. If America would start to celebrate their scientists (let's say tomorrow), it wouldn't probably take much time before someone would point out that there's too much white people. And everybody knows this.
>>
>>8818940
>anon is kinda right
He wasn't right when he called me a hypocrite and missed the crux of the argument that I made. He wasn't right when he strawmanned the shit out of everyone instead.

>If America would start to celebrate their scientists (let's say tomorrow), it wouldn't probably take much time before someone would point out that there's too much white people.
Probably. But the key point here is that I argued that we should not celebrate scientists, but scientific ideals instead. Science has never been about personal glorification. If you think it has then you've missed the point of science.
>>
>>8818946

>Why don't Americans celebrate their scientists?
Cant see "scientific ideals" here.

Did you read the original question? If you want to celebrate scientific ideals, perhaps you should make own thread for it. OP asked about SCIENTISTS. Not scientific ideals. Those two are not same thing my dyslexia having friend.
>>
>>8818955
Are you retarded?
>Why doesn't America do X
>The assumption is that America should do X
>I argue that they'd be better off not doing X, and do Y instead
>that voids the question of why America doesn't do X, because it's based on what I argue is a false premise
Do you even int2logc?
>>
>>8818960
I'm sure everyone already got your opinion that celebrating scientific ideals is better than scientists. But this thread is talking about celebrating scientists not scientific ideals. Can't you read? I'm sure everyone already got your opinion. But your opinion doesn't further contribute for the question and original subject so please make a new thread if you want to celebrate scientific ideals.
>>
>>8818979
Or you could go to >>>/mlpol/ if you want to talk about race instead.
>>
>>8818163
because real scientists go into science to get away from publicity.
>>
>>8818981
Nice strawman you have there. Would be shame if someone saw it...
>>
>>8818986
I think you need to go and look up what a strawman is.
>>
>>8818986
You clearly have no idea what a strawman even is
>>
We celebrate our scientists, it's just that the community has gotten so massive, you usually have to have an insane breakthrough of some sort to get noticed my the general media like Einstein did.
>>
>he thinks there's glory or virtue in science
>>
>>8819002
Eh Einstein is a bit of a freak and there's probably no modern equivalent. He had multiple huge breakthroughs in a short amount of time. He's probably a time traveller
>>
Was this >>8818910
directed at this >>8818905
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-11-19-13-02.png (244KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-11-19-13-02.png
244KB, 1280x720px
>>8818163
>>8818905
>>
>>8818163
We only celebrate heroic capitalists here
>>
>>8820396
>XD GOOGLE ONLY LIEKS BLACK PPL SJW!!!

Dry googling Scientists from the United States and you'll realize you are a retard
>>
>>8820434
>google doesn't prefer blacks because they associate "american" with "african american"
what kind of thinking is this??
>>
>>8818869
Because science has become more aND more collaborative over time so it's becoming harder and harder to find individual stand outs to build a narrative around
>>
>>8820396
>Neil deGrasse Tyson
>scientist
lmao
>>
>>8820446
It's algorithmic... it shows that african american is searched at a higher volume than just 'american'. In order to fix that they would have to manunally change that, and why would they do that?
>>
>>8820446
>there's a significant difference between 'americans' and 'african americans'

t. 60%
>>
>>8820465
t. brainlet who can't accept that there are more transcendental numbers than there are irrationals
>>
Because Americans place sports above science
>>
We celebrate serial rapists here. It's just our cultural way.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 265x190px
>>8818984
I am very much looking forward the publicity I expect to result from my scientific efforts
>>
>>8818163
Because their president is a fucking jew sucking, science hating, logic denying, lying retard.
And half the country voted for him.
>>
File: IMG_4427.jpg (100KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4427.jpg
100KB, 1200x799px
>>8818163
I'm too busy celebrating my hard working President instead!
>>
>>8820824
>Because Americans place sports above science

Underrated post. I'd add entertainment/music/acting to this.
>>
>>8818940
>, it wouldn't probably take much time before someone would point out that there's too much white people
but not too many jews B^)
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.