[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Common Core the better system, /sci/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0371.jpg (134KB, 700x413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0371.jpg
134KB, 700x413px
Is Common Core the better system, /sci/?
>>
File: GET ME DA FUCK OUTTA HERE.jpg (449KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
GET ME DA FUCK OUTTA HERE.jpg
449KB, 1200x1600px
>>8817717

We've had this argument a hundred thousand times and for the last time the answer is YES. Now go away and STAY away.
>>
File: IMG_0236.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0236.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>8817729
You motherfucker. Just tell me why
>>
>>8817732
Common Core is designed to eliminate white privilege.
>>
File: IMG_3820.jpg (10KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3820.jpg
10KB, 200x251px
>>8817811
>indians and asians perform start to improve
>they crowd universities
>become majority
>white boi quotas appear

The white man wins again
>>
>>8817717
The basic idea of putting a greater emphasis on teaching fundamentals at an early age before moving into algorithmic techniques is fine in theory.

In practice, you've got an entire math curriculum being written by 'social science' profs and they've got no fucking idea what they're doing.
>>
>>8817717
Based Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Alaska.
>>
>>8818358
So this is the state of American education.
>>
>>8818358

All the retarded states, go figure. Surprised Florida isn't on there though.
>>
>>8817729
i feel you

>>8817732
To put it short and sweet. There is a larger focus on the abstraction of numbers, functions (draws on pure math more helping the transition to higher maths), etc... and it more strictly formalizes the language used to describe functions, numbers, operations, etc...
>>
>>8818610
When I was growing up (27 now) in Florida public education, we had FCAT. Everyone complained about it but it was a great system with fair and reasonable questions
>>
File: IMG_0272.jpg (56KB, 512x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0272.jpg
56KB, 512x375px
>>8818239
>>8818628
So you're saying that Common core is good but the US education system is fucking retarded
>>
>>8818807
Anon the US education system is retarded, this is a basic fact, you also have some shit teachers here and there.

Common Core is good though.
>>
>>8817717
It's good because a lot of it teaches kids the little mental tricks and minor optimizations that smart and mathematically inclined people naturally develop.
>>
It's meant to confuse smart kids to even out the test scores so certain demographics don't feel bad about themselves.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.