[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bioaugmentation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 12

File: bioaugmentation.jpg (107KB, 633x457px) Image search: [Google]
bioaugmentation.jpg
107KB, 633x457px
Let's say you can bioaugment mankind through gene therapy and stem cell therapy. How would you alter a human?
>>
>>8816469
Darker skin to prevent skin cancer. Smaller size to save resources. Lower sex drive. Higher intellect. Lower neuroticism tendencies. Less violence. Less craving for meat.
>>
>>8816469
Obviously make A CATGIRL RACE where they can have intelligence just like humans, but they got the ears, tail and the submissiveness of a cat.

They could be brats when you get with them but just be nice to them and you're set.

Also there would be death punishment if some fag beats the shit of a catgirl obviously.
>>
>>8816470
>Lower sex drive
Why? It is barely high enough as it is.
>>
>>8816476
To prevent unwanted pregnancies. If people only had sex when it was logical, then the ratio of intelligent babies to dumb babies would go up, and people would provide better care for their babies because they wouldn't birth children into bad situations as often.
>>
>>8816469
>Extreme gene manipulation
>Bipedal form
WHY?
>>
>>8816480
>they wouldn't birth children into bad situations as often
But this is complete opposite to what you'd want to do in order to increase survivability, isn't it?
>>
>>8816480
Agreed. Our high sex drive was only needed at the beginning stages of our race but since we're dealing with overpopulation it's more than a burden. Besides, there will be less wars and rapes with lowered sex drive.
>>
>>8816481
How many additional limbs do you propose and where would they fit on the body?
>>
>>8816481
what is wrong with walking on your legs?
>>
Make people reproduce by giving off pollen so there's always little babies running around and dropping off of people.
>>
File: 0f2[1].png (460KB, 600x693px) Image search: [Google]
0f2[1].png
460KB, 600x693px
>>
>>8816469
Ability to photosynthesize
>>
>>8816476
I can't concentrate on my studies with all these fap breaks a have to take.
>>
>>8816515

I was actually thinking..

"Make it so after one baby you're infertile"

Would be a better outcome for the human race
>>
>>8816599
If by 'better' you mean extinction in two generations
>>
better pattern-matching skills and vision

as predators we are seriously lacking and underdeveloped
>>
>>8816498
>>8816499
Why limiting yourself to legs when you can have tires?
>>
>>8816469
Extreme androgyny.
>>
>>8816631
>Tfw no eagle eyes
>>
>>8816469
Higher IQ, better ability to focus, increased height, mesomorphism, better vision, better muscle memory, even body fat distribution (for men), breast concentrated fat (women), and more energy efficiency (that's a big deal. One could give a lot of enhancements to humankind, but that alone could make the body get tired really quickly or need to eat a lot more than we eat today.
>>
>>8816701
Why would we even need eagle eyes? Do you plan on hunting mices?
>>
Most of them would be mental. Reflexes, pattern recognition, etc. Advance regeneration would be cool. >inb4 like wolverine
More like making month long recovery periods week
Also augmented cyberdongs
>>
File: His vision is augmented.webm (3MB, 1440x600px) Image search: [Google]
His vision is augmented.webm
3MB, 1440x600px
>>8816469
Augmented vision.
>>
>>8816470
Hello sweden. In my lab i would make 8 feet tall aryan geniuses with test levels through the roof who would come and fuk all your cute high-oest dwarf girls and corrupt them with meat. Thus establishing the end of your race.
>>
>>8816599
I think this board is a bit beyond you m8
>>
>>8816957
>8 feet tall aryan

enjoy extinction
>>
>>8816475
>cats
>submissive
You'd get a turboslut who goes out and screams to get plowed every once in a while and comes back to you like nothing happened
I'd want catgirls only on the premise of sterilization before they hit 3 months
>>
>>8816469
Eliminating the 70+ known genetic defect based diseases would be a pretty good start.

After that? Well, tetrachromic vision with near infrared capability would be handy in darkness.
>>
>>8817153
I'd like to keep my Asperger's, thank you.
>>
We have far bigger problems that need fixing than how to live on other planets. First adapt humans to live better on Earth before blasting them off into space, mister Musk.
>>
>>8817169
I don't think greed within the oil/coal industries, anti-intellectualism, homophobia, and racism can be fixed with bioaugmentation friendo.
>>
>>8817170
NthPBP.
>>
>>8816469
Stronger skeletons for the skeleton war.
>>
>>8817170

'anti-intellectualism' is exactly what you're engaging in. there are differences between gays and normal people, and there are differences between races. intellectual activity is concerned with defining and understanding reality in finer and finer distinctions. it is completely anti-intellectual to ignore differences where they exist between race and anything else. we are moving backwards as a society as we become more tolerant.

intellectual accuracy implies zero tolerance.

eventually, intellectual growth would lead to understanding what is the precisely best properties inherent in the best persons; intellectual advancement would increasingly narrow what we tolerate, and make us more and more demanding of the specifics from people.

the more intelligent we become, the more cruel and discriminating we will become. you can not have both intelligence and kindness.
>>
>>8816469
I would start making two of every monster girl and boy including Khajiits and cat girls. They would be from a seperate yet related race....

Also add in some code so that:

If (human) marries (khajiit)
then make [offspring] = (Cat girls)

The babies of a cat girl and a human would be progressively more diluted cat traits until the traits are bread out of existance....
Populate the world with various fantasy races. Watch them run amok. The return of the Centaurs and the Fauns, Mermaids and other creatures.

Show the world the REAL meaning of DIVERSITY.

I can almost taste the religious tears....
"B-But only God can make life!"

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah
>>
>>8817190

diversity is inefficient. all people must be as similar to each other as possible to really achieve what mankind is capable of. uniformity must be our goal. flatten out exceptions and smooth out any sort of variations.
>>
>>8817194
What better way to show them that than to pull an ultimate high tech German style self destruct and make a bunch of freaks in the lab?!
>>
>>8817182
t. brainlet

Science can never tell you what's your purpose in life. It's just predictive power.
>>
>>8817170
Why don't you think that? These are all problems that we can address. Social means of addressing them have so far only been somewhat effective, and whatever progress we make has to be continually maintained, with the threat that it will all be undone in a flash being ever-present. All problems, ultimately, can be addressed in a more rigorous, scientific way. But that takes more time and we are not a patient species, especially in this day and age.
>>
>>8817199
Correction;
Science can never tell you what direction to take in life....
Unless it is science.
>>
organic chemistry is not stable enough for space travel outside the solar system.

upload your mind to an synthetic body. travel the stars over centuries of coasting through space. establish a base of operations on a new world. tailored made android bodies to avoid the need for terraforming. create new minds by copying your mind and running it through a randomizer algorithm
>>
>>8817197

well, that's one way of looking at it. godspeed, brave/mad scientist.

>>8817199

nothing to do with purpose. science tells you how to accomplish something, not why or what to accomplish.
>>
>>8816475
>cat
>submissive
>catfags think tiny tigers submit to them and dont just use them for food and shelter.
>>
>>8817202
The truth is that there is only one right direction. Most people are just too blind to see what that is. Science is the process of coming to see it.
>>
>>8817208
No one said that human augmentation would not involve some level of merging with machines.
>>
>>8817208

>implying our minds could survive the boredom of long space travel
>>
>>8817227
We'll probably be able to address this issue as well. If you can alter the physical functioning of your body, you can probably alter the functioning of your mind as well.
>>
>>8817227
virtual reality environment and altered perception of time.

100 real world years could pass by as 1 year to people in the simulation.

the simulation would be a tailored made environment for maximum mental stimulation.
>>
>>8817222
Science.
Break the word.

Sin.
Cece.

Without the blind one.

And here I thought that you shouldn't define something by what it lacks.

Lolololololo language
>>
>>8817231
You wouldn't even need to be hyperstimulated. You would just need not to tire of the stimulation you already received before (the definition of boredom) which I suppose would involve the erasure of some memories. Imagine having sex for the first time over and over again.
>>
>>8817237
>Imagine having sex for the first time
I can imagine it I guess...
>>
>>8817244

I fucking live you /sci/
>>
>>8817182
What's it like, being the edgiest kid in school?

I call people like you "Extreme Darwinists" -- the kind of people who would abandon all humanity in order to maximize the advancement of civilization. But I guess i'll entertain this and break this down for you.

>there are differences between gays and normal people
first off
>normal people
wew
second, sure, they have sex with people of the same sex. What effect does that have on any abilities?

>and there are differences between races.
Sure, i'm familiar with these ideas, and I recognize their validity. However that does not necessitate cruelty due to these differences. Each race has their own strengths and weaknesses. We would do well to analyse these and allow people to excel in what they're good at. Or even better, allow them to challenge themselves. Different races may have inherit disadvantages, but they still have the capacity to learn.

>intellectual accuracy implies zero tolerance.
see above

>intellectual advancement would increasingly narrow what we tolerate, and make us more and more demanding of the specifics from people.
>the more intelligent we become, the more cruel and discriminating we will become.
>we are moving backwards as a society as we become more tolerant.
>>8817222
>there is only one right direction.

These sound like the kinds of thing that precede extensive ethnic cleansing. What makes you so sure you're way is the "only way"? That in and of itself is pretty anti-intellectual; the complete disregard for alternative approaches and ideas. An intellectual should take in information from all angles, not just the ones that suit their opinion.

tl;dr, you sound like Hitler and Big Brother had a love child and you think that everything that different is bad, under the pretense of "intellectualism" when really you're just a shitty person that would have everyone be like you.
>>
>>8817248
All approaches and ideas are attempts to refine our presently divergent directions toward the same invisible aim. That's all I'm saying. In the end, all will converge at a single point.
>>
>>8817248

>we can't know nothin!

what are you even doing on a science board if you don't believe in science?

there's no objective basis for morality, so scientifically, ethnic cleansing might be justified, and we can't be sure until we conduct research and experiments. are you going to reject science if that's the conclusion?

probably, but don't pretend you're not just a religious idiot if you do.
>>
>>8817255
The aim being?
Equality.
If equality were the aim of Nature which science claims dominance over all the fauna and flora would be at peace. Even the mighty oak fights against the coiling ivy.

Blah blah blah some shot about how we should be focusing on getting off the planet before we get BTFO by a cataclysm and make different planets with different laws all over...
>>
>>8817248
>you sound like Hitler and Big Brother had a love child and you think that everything that different is bad, under the pretense of "intellectualism" when really you're just a shitty person that would have everyone be like you
Not him but: Godwin's law and a try at emotional manipulation in one post
arguments discarded
>>
>>8817264

why should equality be a goal? what could equality possibly accomplish?
>>
>>8817264
We don't know what the aim is. We're trying to find out.
>>
>>8817255
Sounds like fate to me.

>>8817256
I wouldn't reject the science, but I would reject any proposition to act on such research. I'm all for human advancement, but not so long as it involves extermination and/or treating different groups of people as sub-human.

>>8817266
But am I wrong?
>>
>>8817268
It can be a goal. It accomplishes stasis. It can be done. I have seen it. It is beautiful. But non so more beautiful than a gem stone or uranium. It just sits there until you do something with it. : / We can make a planet called "The harmony planet" and dump all the hippies and social justice warriors there while we go space faring and conquer the galaxy. lolololol
>>
>>8817268
I see life as a war on the universe. Yes, we cooperate in this aim, but mostly only with members of our own species. Ultimately, life is characterized by conflict, a fight against our surroundings to keep living. Right now we're winning the war big time, so we must pull pack a little bit and readjust our strategy lest we kill our environment. But never forget that even though it sustains us, it is also always trying to kill us.
>>
>>8817280
You ignore the animals that prefer symbiosis. The blades of grass that sing the song of commune between each other or the fish than clean out the sharks gills~

Other than that I agree...
Shits fucked.
How fix?
Robots?
Space travel?
Interdimensional thievery?!
>>
>>8817271

we don't know WHAT aim is?

our own?

>>8817275

>i'm all for human advancement, but not so long as it involves extermination and/or treating different groups of people as sub-human.

so you're not really for human advancement, or science, since there's no scientific reason why one should a priori reject exterminating or subjugating different groups of people.

>>8817277

uniformity and ruthless self-selection mechanisms can also be beautiful, and arguably, a society that cuts out anything that doesn't lend to equality vs a society that exterminates all the low-performance assets, the latter society wins and the former society goes extinct.

>>8817280

hmm, that's a point worth considering. we don't want to defeat the other species so thoroughly that we get bored.
>>
>>8816599
Think about this a little bit...
>>
healthier, stronger, more intelligent, and more motivated. Also a computer brain interface allowing the brain to connect, download, and communicate with the internet would be useful.
>>
>>8817286
>so you're not really for human advancement, or science, since there's no scientific reason why one should a priori reject exterminating or subjugating different groups of people.
Sure, because we'll totally reach a point where the ONLY way to go forward is to shit all over groups of people that don't suit our needs. There will be NO other possible way to advance.

I'm sorry that we can't all be so Machiavellian
>>
>>8816609
> two generations
I thought people on /sci/ would be able to count
>>
>>8817275
your reaction to
>normal people
cherrypicking a part of the statement that is by your standards socially unacceptable, and trying to frame the opponent by arguing based on semantics and social perception instead of data

>and there are differences between races.
>sure, i'm familiar with these ideas, and I recognize their validity
Then you proceed on a tirade on cruelty and the capacity to learn. More social interpretations.

>intellectual accuracy implies zero tolerance.
>see above
discarding the opponent's position on your preconceived opinion on the "extreme Darwinists"

Then quote, quote, quote implying irony about his statements. I'd assume to convince the bystanders that the opponent sounds too "edgy" and shouldn't be listened to. No refutation whatsoever.

My advice would be to start arguing with humility and drag the opponent to present more raw data and opinions. Eventually he'll falter if his argument isn't strong ashe believes it to be. There is no need to win a pointless moral fight on the internet. Not on a science board for sure.
>>
>>8817303
We are at a paramount point in history where our world leaders are taking a good look at humanity and wondering if they should just nuke everything into oblivion. Everyone should just fucking behave and strive for immortallity >.<"
>>
>>8817300

>intel management engine in your brain

>botnet in your brain

>adware in your brain

>ransomware in your brain

nothing to hide nothing to fear xD

>>8817303

what does 'only' matter here? perhaps it would be fiscally viable and easy to implement versus many other methods. maybe it's even something that yields increasing value over time, so it's an investment we should make early as a species.

do you have some sort of aversion of unprovable usefulness against genetic mandates?

i'm not sure what someone like machiavelli, who just comes up with unproven social commentary, has to do with it.
>>
>>8817319
It matters because you're saying that if im not willing to exterminate a a group of people then I am not for the progression of science and humanity. I am in fact for the advancement of these things, but by any other means than that which you are supporting. I'm not concerned with how much easier or cheaper it is. I agree with what others are saying, that it's a subjective/moral thing that isn't universal, but in my own set of morals I would rather take the longer and more expensive route to progress that harms as few people as possible than to take the quick and easy route that fucks over a lot of people.

Also
>In modern psychology, Machiavellianism is one of the dark triad personalities, characterized by a duplicitous interpersonal style, a cynical disregard for morality and a focus on self-interest and personal gain.[2]
Although in this instance it's not self-interest/personal gain, but human advancement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machiavellianism
>>
>>8817343

>morals

you have no proof whatsoever that your so-called 'morals' are valid in any way. it's just religious hocus-pocus. there is no scientific proof that morals aren't a sort of mental illness. there's no scientific proof that extermination or 'fucking people over' is """wrong""", whatever that means in this situation.

just more of the same superstitious nonsense that's holding us back from our potential. is it really going to take china doing it first and attempting to enslave us for us to learn?
>>
>>8817182
what is in your head which you believe civilization is advancing towards? introspect and look deeply into this concept of yours, what is it truly composed of? I have found that all of my concepts in this regard are naive, incomplete, and illogical.
>>
>>8817355
>you have no proof whatsoever that your so-called 'morals' are valid in any way
No, that's why I said
>I agree with what others are saying, that it's a subjective/moral thing that isn't universal

>just more of the same superstitious nonsense that's holding us back from our potential.
Look, the only arguments I can give you are philosophical. I don't agree that that ideology is the way to go. That is all I can give you.

I've accepted that I can't convince you of anything that I would like to. It's clear that you respond to only science. I think it's good to rely on science for answers, but you should consider looking to different sources when building your opinions. As far as I'm concerned, you're the same as a religious fanatic who will deflect anything with "as long as I have faith" or something similar. Widen your world view. It's too narrow as it stands. Nothing good comes out of a narrow world view.
>>
>>8816599
>"Sorry ma'am but the baby died during birth"
>"Welp I guess I'm out of luck thanks to my advanced gene therapy. Time to be depressed for the rest of my life."
>>
>>8817373

we're headed towards either unified organization or extinction / degradation to a brute state followed by eventual extinction.
>>
I think one of the biggest hurdles with augmentation is maintaining a homeostatic baseline of biochemical operation after any alteration is extraordinarily complex. Look at all the work governments have done attempting to create "super soldiers" or the creation of those nootropic "genius drugs" like racetams and such. Increasing the biochemical load one way or the other is going to create inevitable side effects. Maintaining a baseline of normal health seems like a better goal than improvement, but I think our capacity for lengthening normal health will increase.
>>
was going to start a new thread about organ cloning.

how realistic is it that we'll have publicly available skin cloning for transplants? of course the skin should be fully functional in that it should be able to have hair follicles, have the appropriate nerve cells to detect sensations and for it to have sweat pores.
>>
>>8816497

overpopulation isn't a problem insofar as letting idiots reproduce.
>>
>>8816475
>Not making the superior Dog Girl Race.
I swear you need help.

>>8816469
Longer lifespan
Accelerated regenerative abilities.
>>
File: martian.png (144KB, 633x457px) Image search: [Google]
martian.png
144KB, 633x457px
>>8816470
>Smaller size to save resources. Lower sex drive. Higher intellect.
>>
File: Hotline_Miami_Artwork_6.jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hotline_Miami_Artwork_6.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
>>8816469
Much increased brain activity and higher cognition with exterior wattles and comb to help keep the head cooler.
>>
>>8816469
Higher intelligence, devoid of any deleterious mutations. Taller, more beautiful, healthier, basically better in every way.
>>
>>8816469

larger penises and vaginas
>>
>>8816469
Two Penises.
Higher flexibillity so we can fuck ourselves.
>>
>>8817565
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1u75hh/i_am_the_guy_with_two_penises_ama/
>>
>>8816469

Increase the efficiency of energy conversion, energy storage, along with conscious control of energy release, and finally overall greater processing power. Anything else, other than removing genetic disease, is inefficient compared to an external mechanical solution.
>>
>>8817153
This
Can't wait until I can get me some night vision eyes
>>
>>8816469
no ageing past 21just drop dead at 200years old
>>
>>8816599
This would cut the human population in half every generation.
>>
>>8817650
how

>>8817591
underrated post
>>
>>8816470
Darker skin means a lack of vitamin D synthesis. I'd add a reducible operon for vitamin D synthesis so that we could syn thesis it differently. I'd also fix our damn turned off vitamin C gene. Maybe add some plastids for the lulz.
>>
>>8816498
The joints of the human body are poorly designed and we have a limited range of motion.
>>
could you engenier for maximum sexiness in females?
>>
>>8817230
>>8817231
>>8817237
There is a very simple, natural solution to this problem:
We simply sleep during the flight.
>>
>>8817946
Yes, just change how men view sexiness to cover all women
>>
>>8817562
>larger vaginas
I'm gay and I know that nobody wants this.
>>
>>8817975
I learned this from Alien and 2001: A Space Odyssey
>>
>>8817980
Traps win
>>
>>8817980
Life would be so much better. Just imagine being as turned on by the person standing next to you as by a 10/10 supermodel. I understand that this used to serve an evolutionary purpose, but it doesn't anymore today.
>>
I want to be able to see what's behind my head. I don't care if I would need a whole second brain for that to be possible. We have high technology like BAGS now in which to carry this second brain. I just want to see behind my head. Make it happen nerds.
>>
>>8816469
whats stem cell therapy even do?
>>
>>8817530
high intelligence itself is a deleterious mutation

it's better known as autism
>>
File: 1487115988969.jpg (525KB, 2000x1641px) Image search: [Google]
1487115988969.jpg
525KB, 2000x1641px
>>8817980
sounds like communism
>>
>>8817980

Men already do that. Make it so women view more men as sexy instead of only wanting Chads.
>>
>>8817412
Complexity is irreducible. Not in the physical sense, but in the sense that it can't be understood simply. This is why intelligence will forever remain unintelligible to intelligence.
>>
>>8818079
No we don't. What are you smoking? I want it.
>>
>>8818092

Maybe you don't but lots of men do. Even if you would fuck anything with XX chromosomes that doesn't solve the problem of XX chromosomes only wanting the top 20% of men.
>>
>>8817871
12 people
6 couples
Each couple has one child
There are 6 children
3 couples
One child each
3 children
Only 1 possible couple
>>
File: CzUF_BzXAAABiJN.jpg (170KB, 860x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CzUF_BzXAAABiJN.jpg
170KB, 860x1200px
>>8818083
>This is why intelligence will forever remain unintelligible to intelligence.
>>
>>8818102
twins triplets etc could save us tho,
>>
>>8816497
overpopulation has many more facets than just a high sex drive in our creature, anon.
>>
>>8818120
The post states specifically after one baby, so no they wouldn't.
Also twins and triplets are still fucking rare. That just means the species will take slightly longer to die off. It won't add more than 2 generations
>>
>>8817975
ok. start studying the Alaskan Wood Frog. find out how it survives being frozen solid for months at a time and then thaws out like it just woke from a nap.

then figure out how to apply that to humans.
>>
>>8816469
Design cat girls for commercial sale
>>
>How humans can adapt to live on other planets
>GENETIC MAGIC!
This is as bad as though "Concept ideas everybody should be funding!!!!" images that buzzfeed circulates
>>
>>8816469
>>widened neurons in the brain to give us bullet dodging reaction times
NOT FUCKING POSSIBLE. FUCK YOU DAILY MAIL.

Even if you had a fast enough reaction time to dodge bullets, accelerating fast enough to dodge them would turn you to pulp
>>
>>8816469
wtf is "perfect genetic health"? there is always tradeoffs and adaptions to specific environments
>>
>>8816469
Get humans to grow an exoskeletal armour. We're too easily damaged.
>>
>>8816667
Thank you anon, I really needed that laugh.
>>
>>8818541
"bullet dodging reaction times" I still think it would be interesting to have that kind of reaction time, despite not actually being able to use it for that. Could you imagine how much more exciting some competitive sports could be , eg: gaming, tennis, etc.
>>
>>8816469
I would make it so humans don't have to sleep! That would increase the effectiveness of each lifetime by around 33%!
>>
Bioelectrogenesis.

The uses are countless: from defense to powering electronics with your own body.
>>
This is a fucking shit thread with no science in it. Biology has limitations

Using gene therapy and unicorn stem cells I modify the human body so that we can eat lead and shit gold. Oh and so that we can ignite our farts and fly. Oh and all be catgirls
>>
>>8818639
And pray tell how are you going to obtain these 'bullet dodging' reaction times with biology? Signal propagation speed in neurons is slooooooooowww.
>>
>>8818759
>Biology has limitations.
I bet you think Atoms that make up the entire universe have limitations too.
>>
Redesign the spine to actually withstand the pull of gravity efficiently. Rebuild the knee to lock in a logical manner. Redesign the eye to remove the blind spot and reduce structural degredation. Repair the gene that produces vitamin C. Re-enable the ability of the body to regenerate limbs. Enable the immune system to be able to recognize and destroy all forms of cancer.
>>
>>8817156
>I'd like to keep my Asperger's, thank you.
I never said I considered that a disease.
>>
>>8816470
So you want to make humans Indian?
Cool
>>
File: 121017-scalp-kb-145p.jpg (1MB, 1400x1475px) Image search: [Google]
121017-scalp-kb-145p.jpg
1MB, 1400x1475px
>>8817487
I really think this post hits on something most people don't realize. More brain power = more waste heat. You have to change the external physiology of the human body in order to compensate. This may be larger ears, ears with more blood vessels, more sweat glands, in them or entirely new appendages like rippled scalps, raised heatsink skin patches, or even dreadlock-like tendrils.
>>
>>8816736
>higher IQ
>>
>>8817222
Do you recommend tin or aluminum fedoras?
>>
>>8819752
I would like stegosaurus style bone plates in a mow hawk shape on my head please
>>
>>8818544

The removal of locus known to cause problems or its repetition in case they codify for something important, so we can just silence them.

If nature wants to randomize our genepool so be it, but it will be in our terms.
>>
>>8819752

Make the neurons bigger so they become more efficient. After all calorie intake is the least of our problems(and the real limitation for bioengineering in nature is precisely that)
>>
>>8817277
>SJW's
>believing in equality
>>
>>8818826
But atoms do have limitations, we can't have atoms smaller than the hydrogen atom
>>
File: dog female.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
dog female.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>8817456
>impling
>>
Does anyone here actually knows how this shit works?
This brainlet here has been told that genes don't work in isolation.
Enlighten me.
>>
>>8817194
Fucking idiot there is a reason genetic diversity happens in nature, you don't put your eggs in one basket, disease or other stuff will fuck you up

If anything if this stuff works we should opt to have as many augmented people as possible and let it sort itself out
>>
>>8816469
Gills for aquatic worlds.
>>
>>8819988
We don't know of any aquatic worlds. Gills would need to be fucking huge in order to get any benefit. Being warm blooded takes a lot more oxygen than being cold blooded
>>
Another complaint: will the body be able to handle the increased energy intake it needs to have all these fancy additions. There has to be a trade-off no?
>>
>>8816469
>How would you alter a human?

Space marines already got that covered. Including new organs.

>>8816470
Thanks chairman mao.
>>
>>8816469
Four arms, two dicks, but keep one vagina.
>>
File: f93[1].png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
f93[1].png
279KB, 898x790px
>>8819752
you mean something like this?

>tfw to smart to need brain cooling
>>
>>8819752
Just pump more blood through the brain idiort.
>>
>>8820011
elf ears
>>
>>8817878
Hell, if we're editing the human genome, why not just code for genes that prevent cancer.
>>
>>8817878
Vitamin C gene?
>>
>>8820184
Before we ate a shit load of fruit, we made our own vitamin c.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.