[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sergio Canavero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: scimmia3.jpg (36KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
scimmia3.jpg
36KB, 500x281px
What are Sci's thoughts 'bout his work?

Is he a genius o a fool?

http://observer.com/2017/04/dr-sergio-canavero-head-transplant/
>>
>>8814931
Interesting operation.
We'll learn a lot even if it fails.
>>
if it works we are officially living in the future
>>
OP here.

He talks about reconnecting the spinal cord. This is amazing.

And we got proofs that this already happened with mice.

I'm so excited about this.

Plus, he's from my city. DOPE.
>>
>>8814957

Yeah, that's exactly the thing.

People who think that this is not going to work say that if it does, they'll feel like Cro-magnon doctors.
>>
v has come to
>>
To me it is an odd goal. The number of people who this work will help is minuscule.
>>
Finally i can be the little girl
>>
>>8816113
T H I S familia
Itll be a tad aberrant but eh, getting there
>>
>>8814970
t.estina
>>
In what respected peer reviewed journal did he publish the findings from the multiple successful operations he obviously had to do in animals in order to do it with some safety in humans?
>>
I dont think the patient will regain any functions of the body, will they? They will still be paralysed. I think regenerative medicine is very interesting, especially in recovering previously dead nerve cells. But I don't think that is the objective of this operation
>>
>>8816859
That shit can be disregarded, and there is two reasons for that:

Reason a) Hes doing it in China.
Reason 2) The patient is going to die with a 100% probability if not intervened.

They know that the principles of fusing the nerves and joining both bascular systems work.
Nobody ever mentioned safety here.
>>
>>8815151
I guess the hype is more about the feat of reconnecting a spinal cord, which is pretty fucking incredible. Even if doing so at the time isn't going to help millions or anything, it's (possibly) a marker of the start of our ability to do some really crazy stuff
>>
>>8814951
That's why you do monkeys first. It's stupid to start basic experiments with humans.
>>
>>8817453
It has been done with monkeys already brainlet
>>
>>8816113
Moot?!?
We thought you abandoned us?!

We must be living in the end times if you have come back to us...
>>
It's really just the world's greatest ARG.
>>
He should be thrown off a building.
>>
>>8816859
>>8817453
No matter how many times this is addressed ad nauseum, people will never stop "brilliantly" bringing it up.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.