[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Lucid_Dream.jpg (1MB, 2000x1483px) Image search: [Google]
Lucid_Dream.jpg
1MB, 2000x1483px
Red pill me on lucid dreams. Are lucid dreams a meme or can I actually have the experience of dream whatever I want to?

What is the most efficient way to achieve lucid dreams?

I want to do a lot of things with the power of lucid dream, like asking myself deep questions or fucking the girl of my dreams. Help me, /sci/.
>>
You have to be very healthy and live stress free first, any distractions from routine sleeping will reduce the amount of time you can lucid dream. It's as simple as awakening your real life ego while still dreaming, therefore applying the real reference to your self imposed sensory input. This is why lucid dreams are rendered in the same part of the brain as real life memories.

This is also why nightmares are rendered with real life memories. The dream is so scary, you awaken your real life defence mechanisms to try and creat escape in your dream reality, becoming lucid.

More later.
>>
I lucid dream fairly often. What I did was get into the habit of double checking clocks whenever I look at them. Once you get into a strong habit of this and do it without thinking, you'll be doing it in your dreams as well.
Writing, numbers, and clocks always change every time you look at them in dreams, so you'll notice the difference on the second look and (hopefully) realise you're actually in a dream.
>>
>>8814170
It's like this for a lot of fine details. You can start to tell that something's "not right" here, then move that onto instantly telling when your trying to trick yourself into thinking you're awake.

Shit really opens you up to your subconscious, and you realize you are two sister beings trying to help each other survive. It can argue with you, or run and hide and try to preserve it's silent overlooking. Therapists and psychologists do not want lucid dreaming to be unprofessionally experimented on, because the subconscious is a fragile hopeful and little thing. Once it realises it's only a small portion of your overall physical body, it starts making all kinds of excuses to make life fun for itself again. It -WAS- your invisible best friend.
>>
reddit . com/r/luciddreaming
>>
Interested as well.

How exactly did you start lucid dreaming?

Step-by-step if possible :)
>>
>>8814158
I lucid dream every once in a while, I achieve this by plugging my nose and trying to breathe in. If you are in a dream, you breathe straight through your plugged nose. The catch is you have to do this so frequently Irl that it becomes a habit and you do it unintentionally in your dream.
You should also keep a dream journal, as it helps you learn to remember your dreams.
It's worth it, lucid dreams have even more clarity than regular dreams.
>>
I'm terrified of learning how to lucid dream because I feel that once I do, every single dream I have will be made lucid, whether I want it to be or not, and at that point, I would be denying myself the creativity of my subconscious and the subtle messages it sends me. Its fucking awesome when it happens, just not something i would want to know how to do on demand because I would ruin myself.
>>
File: 1491636080532.png (203KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
1491636080532.png
203KB, 500x694px
All my dreams are lucid nowadays, but I might owe that to any of the following things, prior to which I had no lucid dreams whatsoever:

1) Consistently having a polyphasic sleep schedule for a year
2) Daily drug abuse during this year (marijuana and alcohol)
3) Being depressed as shit and sleeping recreationally

During this time period I experienced the highest ratio of lucid dreams to dreams. My sleep is now monophasic and I've been sober for months but every dream I can remember has been lucid. I don't know if you want to ruin your life to induce lucid dreams, but if you're in the position to sacrifice your social life and significant amounts of money, then try it for yourself.
>>
>>8815085
How often do you touch your nose without thinking about in real life?
>>
I'm curious if lucid dreaming has helped anyone gain more perspective on the question of why we even dream? What are the limits of what you can try to do/ make happen during the dream?
>>
>>8817293
I heard of one surgeon who practiced repetition in lucid dreams but I'm not sure if that's actually true.
>>
>>8815085
>>8817274
When you try to breath in is it a sharp inhale of breath or is it just your normal breathing?
>>
Can you retrieve useful information in your lucid dreams? Not like playing music. I'd love to have an eidetic memory at least while dreaming.
>>
>>8817452
Normal or sharp works; when you are in the dream you'll notice right away.
It's important to frequently check, especially if you don't think you are dreaming (how often do you think you're dreaming when you are actually in one)
I do this a few times an hour, and you can make it look normal like you're rubbing your nose or something. This obviously isn't the only way to tell you're if you're in a dream, but it's the only way that works for me, because it requires little effort and I'll actually do it.
>>
>>8814170
I don't see clocks in my dreams, I'm always outdoors being attacked by dangerous animals
>>
>>8814158
It seems that the way most people achieve lucid dreams is by questioning the validity of an event in your dream, hence the suggestions to implement some sort of habit that manifests itself in dreams.

Personally, I would just tell myself in bed that I'm about to dream. The probability of lucid dreaming is on the amount of effort I put into thinking that I'm about to lucid dream as well as overall mental clarity, awareness, focus, diet, sleep duration, etc.

>>8814202
>Once it realises it's only a small portion of your overall physical body, it starts making all kinds of excuses to make life fun for itself again. It -WAS- your invisible best friend.
Care to elaborate?

>>8818821
In this case you can ask yourself when you are awake, whether or not you are currently being chased by animals. If you are, it's probably a dream and you will pop into lucidity
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.