[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best specialty of Electrical Engineering and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 4chanime.png (325KB, 480x716px) Image search: [Google]
4chanime.png
325KB, 480x716px
What is the best specialty of Electrical Engineering and why?
>>
>>8813781
none

kys yourself
>>
Mechatronics
>>
Theoretical Electrical Engineering
>>
I was also wondering this. thinking about studying power, not sure what type of specific problems exist in that area though or if it would be fun.
>>
>>8813781

postironic electrical engineering
>>
>>8814735
only if you like money. money is pretty fun. as daniel tosh said, never seen anybody frowning on a jet ski.
>>
>>
wireless
>>
File: 001(1).gif (3MB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
001(1).gif
3MB, 560x420px
>>8813781
communication/information tec. analog processors will be the next big thing, optoelectrics is the field of the future
>>
>>8815352
>EE
isn't this more for plasma physicists?
>>
>>8815352
You have good taste
>>
File: 1450405042349.jpg (974KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1450405042349.jpg
974KB, 2000x2000px
>>8815407
In one sense yes, in another no.

Someone has to design the shit that plasma physicists theorize. I don't buy into the meme that physicists can't design and develop technologies because they're incapable.

I simply don't think they have the time or interest. They confirm a discovery and move on to the next experiment.

This leaves a huge swath of really cool material ripe for designing by EEs and NEs.
>>
Should I major in electrical engineering?
>>
signal processing
>>
>>8816284
No, wait until I graduate so I don't have to compete with other autists.
>>
>>8813781

Homosexuality. The reasons are obvious...
>>
Mechanical engineering ftw
>>
>>8816284
dual in a good computer science university to gain programming experience (i say good because if you want it not to be a waste of time, you need to get good assignments and work good shit) which can be extremely useful with electronical engineering, or perhaps just go electronical and mechanical, it's not a bad combo if u like making robots and shit and have some experience in programming and shit.

that's my personal opinion on it because i fucking love robotics and electrical engineering.
>>
how r the outlooks of signcal proccesing jobs, i really really like lines and gambling
>>
>>8813781
Mechanical Engineering
>>
>>8813829
I disagree. Going pure theory in EE takes a special kind of autist. Basically you are in an applied discipline but have no applied skills. Better off being a physicist and going into electromagnetic engineering, better off being a mathematician and going into comm theory, etc.

t. Phd Student in RF IC design.
>>
>>8818770

No, jobs are still better in engineering.
>>
>>8818770
ANON

Please discuss electromagnetic engineering.

I was under the guise that's something EEs with decent grades in physics did.

Do only physicists get hired to do this?
Is there a certification?
I'm having trouble finding stuff on google
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.