[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

veganism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: veggie cow.jpg (55KB, 698x400px) Image search: [Google]
veggie cow.jpg
55KB, 698x400px
Is there any scientific reason not to be a vegan?

B12 and Omega 3 seem like valid reasons, but the obesity and hypertension rates of non-vegans are so high that I don't think it matters anymore.

I have been vegan for like 10 days. Massive amounts of gas.
>>
Meat tastes fucking great
>>
File: for every animal.jpg (84KB, 452x500px) Image search: [Google]
for every animal.jpg
84KB, 452x500px
>>
>>8813591
Vegan icecream exists now. I don't need it.
>>
>>8813598
too bad maddox is a faggot now.
>>
>>8813590
Fuck that.
>>
>>8813590
>the obesity and hypertension rates of non-vegans are so high that I don't think it matters anymore.
That's because obese people are mentally ill. There are no obese vegans because setting out to change anything in your life requires a functional brain.
>>
>>8813590

I often consider going vegetarian (the sort that eats milk and eggs but not meat) out of the fact that I would hesitate to kill to eat unless I was genuinely starving. I never understood the point in avoiding milk and eggs.
>>
>>8813775
I'm op & I'm an obese vegan.
>>
>>8813804
Animals are still tortured for the eggs and milk
>>
>>8813590
>but the obesity and hypertension rates of non-vegans are so high that I don't think it matters anymore.
That's not an argument against eating meat, only against being a retarded fat fuck who eats unhealthy.
>>
>>8813775
Half the population is moving into obese territory, pal.
>>
>>8813590
There's one simple reason as to why vegans are on average live longer. The diet of any kind is better than none at all. Vegans (usually) do NOT:
- Eat more meat than they can absorb.
- Eat fastfood (the trend is changing, but what can you do?)
- Eat a lot of fat (which is what we get from roasting, frying, grilling, which are the most populars ways of preparing meat. And the most health damaging ways too.
- Ignore vegetables in favor of grains and meat.
Meat is not bad, it's good. We just doing it wrong.
>>
>>8814421
*half the american population
mentally ill argument still holds
>>
>>8814421
>obese people are mentally ill
>Half the population is moving into obese
I've got some tough news, pal.
>>
>>8814412

But they're not, though. Have you ever actually been to a farm that produces milk or eggs? Hell, some people in my home area keep chicken as pets and eat their eggs.
>>
>>8813590
I can't be arsed to research how to do a proper vegan diet.
>>
>>8814442
>But they're not, though. Have you ever actually been to a farm that produces milk or fetuses? Hell, some gronkgronkians in my home area keep women as pets and eat their kids.
>>
File: reagan.jpg (20KB, 474x305px) Image search: [Google]
reagan.jpg
20KB, 474x305px
>>8813590
> Massive amounts of gas.
That's just the start of it. As your body adjusts to the lower calorie count, you'll start consuming fats and protein off of your body.

You'll adopt the "Holocaust victim" look of most vegans. As you go ketotic, your breath will smell like clover, and your farts will become toxic enough to knock birds out of trees.

Before your colonic bacteria starve off to your new caloric intake, your farts will become chemical weapons, and qualify for a drone strike from President Trump.

Good luck!
>>
File: 1480847481759.png (505KB, 667x470px) Image search: [Google]
1480847481759.png
505KB, 667x470px
All arguments against meat (e.g. higher cancer risk, contributions to climate emissions) only apply to red meat. There is literally no reason not to eat chicken or fish, let alone to avoid milk. On the contrary, consumption of fish and other seafood is linked to longevity and better health and cognition.
>>
>>8814431
How do to it right?
>>
>>8814481
>let alone to avoid milk
Unless you are lactose intollerant, or hadn't drinked milk in your life ever.
>chicken
The trash food of meat.
>>
>>8814527
I am not the one too answer, cause I don't really care for my health, it's just some common knowledge. Avoid fastfood, avoid any kind of food preparations, that involves oil, butter, or any other type of fat, try to avoid red meat, eat regularly, but not constantly, don't eat more meat than you can digest in one go, and there's a lot of other things to consider, but that's all i can remember about meat. I'll say it again, i'm not an expert, not a practicioner, and very well, all of things i said could be wrong, You better google it.
>>
>>8814481
cows contribute to climate emission no matter if they are held for their milk or their meat.
another argument against meat would be to avoid killing animals and chickens are the ones that get killed the most.
>>
>>8814546
>another argument against meat would be to avoid killing animals
Thank god most people don't care abut that stuff. How retarded you need to be, to let moral affect your health?
>>
>>8813590
took a month off eating meat after the 4th close family member of mine had major heart surgery due to being a lardass. Not eating meat is not been nearly as bad as everyone seems to think it is, although I do cheat about once a month. The health benefits are obvious, and if you are concerned about certain vitamins or minerals you can take supplements or just eat meat sparingly, instead of having meat for every single fucking meal.
>>
>>8814559
*tips*
>>
>>8814564
> meat for every fucking meal
There should be a board where Americans can discuss problems that only pertain to them
>>
>>8813775
>There are no obese vegans
Not true. It's perfectly possible to be vegan, and live off of nothing but pasta and frozen french fries. Over the years I've had several coworkers go vegan, usually to impress a new girlfriend. Most of them lost weight, and looked unhealthy . A few (vast minority, but still non-zero) gained weight, and still looked unhealthy as hell. I have no doubts that if they hadn't broken up, and gone back to a more sensible diet, they would have gotten obese.
>>
>>8813804
Life without cheese is not worth living.
>>
>>8814592
If I didn't eat something, that was created out of suffering and pain of another living creature, my day was wasted. Life was easier in 17xx.
>>
obesity and hypertension rates of non-vegans are so high that I don't think it matters anymore.

Wow what brilliant reasoning.
>>
>>8814546
>cows contribute to climate emission no matter if they are held for their milk or their meat.
Cows for meat needs a much higher population of cows. Unless you want cows to go extinct, there is no reason not to use the existing cows for milk production. This implies only a constant cow population instead of raising a huge surplus to be turned into burgers and steaks.
>>
>>8814456
do you think eggs are the kids of chickens you fucking idiot retard bitch?
>>
>>8815258
eggs have a completely different problem though. male chickens are useless. they don't put on as much fat as females. they don't lay eggs. so male chickens get killed en masse after hatching.
and cows still don't produce milk without having offspring.
>>
>>8814528
>chicken
>trash

Nigga I will fight you.
>>
>>8813590
been vegan for two years, regret not doing it sooner. its'a amazing in every conceivable way but you have to be good at cooking and eating a high volume of food.

although its superior, its honestly not for everyone. Try it out for a week, if you notice your poops are better, you are less bloated, you have firmer erections, more energy and you lose a little weight it might just be for you.
>>
>>8813590
>B12 and Omega 3 seem like valid reasons, but the obesity and hypertension rates of non-vegans
Meanwhile half the world doesn't eat properly to begin with. Less scientific is the fact that the vast majority cannot be vegan without starving to death, not to mention the industries and facilities that many economies rely on related to meat production. Which would only make those populations poorer and even harder to be vegan.
>>
>>8814456

>eat their kids?

eat cyanide faggot its non-GMO and gluten free
>>
>>8813590
The arguments are against the meat industry that mass produced animals for the sole purpose of consumption.

Then again, it leads to the argument against animal domestication in general.
>>
>>8814481
>chicken or fish
Birds or aquatic animals.

I prefer pidgeon and clams to be frank.
>>
>>8814481
What about the usage of land for animal food? even chickens have to eat and not every calorie/nutrient of the food they eat goes to their meat, they still have to maintain their body functions. And I don't know much about fish but aren't we overfishing and killing the sea?
>>
>>8815415

I hope you're taking that there B12 supplements unless you want some nice brain degeneration.
>>
There is literally no scientific reason to be a vegan, all comes to ethics (both environmental and animal as individuals).

It's possible to have a good health and still consume animal products (although not in great quantities)...

B12 and omega 3 are not valid reasons, supplements are not expensive and work fine. Basically veganism is for people who care about the animals/environment, if you don't care (and are consistent with your thoughts and actions) then there's literally no reason. Also if you are only vegan for health it seems like an unnecessary effort.
>>
>>8818369
Fortunately the liver stores it for a while. And it's very likely that he consumes foods like soy milk or almond milk that are fortified with b12.
>>8815415
Yeah take b12 asap.
>>
>>8818375
veganism is anti science, I never heard doctor recommend someone to go vegan unless they have some fringe disorders like not being able to digest animal protein

Average human consumes around 350kg of food per year - of that in the west close to 100kg of meat while recommended amount of meat is around 30kg, That's all you need to know, eat everything in moderation, and throw out things your body has hard time processing.

As for environment or animals care, no one cares, vegans just pretend they do but rest of their lifestyle is the same as for an average person - add to that, vegans know close to nothing about food industry they get their information from controversial documentaries and facebook pages, it's a wide topic but basically looking at the world there are no moral superiority to veganism, as for philosophy, less than 10% of philosophers tend to be vegan, I think that says enough.
>>
>>8813590
>B12 and Omega 3 seem like valid reasons, but the obesity and hypertension rates of non-vegans are so high that I don't think it matters anymore.
The average diet is not a healthy diet.

That is all. Just follow the USDA guidelines.
>>
>>8813590
Its just inefficient. Most people who have the choice are meat eaters because the process of natural selection has shown it to be advantageous to their survival.

Who has more resources, a farmer, or those who farms the farmers?

Thats all a carnivore is doing... letting their prey do the difficult work of gathering and condensing calories/nutrients/proteins, then plucking the consolidated rewards with minimal effort or expenditure of their own.
>>
>>8818421
>inefficient
>implying cows actually graze instead of being fed fucking soy, vitamin supplements and corn

We're actually doing the job of both predators AND grass eaters. It's more efficient to eat plants directly.
>>
>>8814540
Yea anyone reading this post might as well avoid the advice in it too.

Absolutely nothing wrong with saturated fats, or fats in general. Just be mindful that they do have higher amounts of calories per gram than the other macromolecules. Nothing wrong with eating fast food as long as it is not done in excess - I'll never understand why people lump together all fast food as ""unhealthy."" There is no black and white as HEALTHY and UNHEALTHY. Every single food item has a specific composition, and it is up to you to assess and determine whether eating it is a good choice.

Dont pay attention to the meme "never eat McDonalds and ear steam vegetable everyday instead lol" posts as they are completely misguided and full of anecdotal evidence
>>
>>8814481
How faggot. Describe to me WHAT are the differences between both types of tissue, their composition, their reactions with environmental factors, and their effects on human health. Stop spewing out fucking "red meat is cancer" memes
>>
There's scientific evidence against shit-tier slaughterhouses, namely ridiculously antibiotic resistant bacteria. The food industry alone has and is fucking up tetracycline for the rest of us.

Hunted meat (please be sure to check your deer for CWD) and slaughterhouses where the animals don't literally live in their own shit are a-okay though.
>>
>>8813590
Sigh, OP, Imagine if I took a subset of vegans who ate only potatoes. This would be an unhealthy lot, and not representative of all vegans, so claiming their poor health proves that veganism is a poor diet choice is bullshit. The same rules apply for claiming that obese fuckers chowing down on fast food 24/7 implies having any meat in your diet is bad.
>>
>>8818675
The majority of omnivores are overweight or obese now. It's not a small subset.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.