[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything wrong with studying 70-80 hours a week?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1465852741367.jpg (3MB, 3600x5400px) Image search: [Google]
1465852741367.jpg
3MB, 3600x5400px
Is there anything wrong with studying 70-80 hours a week?
>>
Yes, it's hard to do
>>
Your social life and mental and emotional health will likely suffer, and unless you're a medical or law student, that's far more than you should need to study to get good grades with a full-time schedule.

Spending 70-80 hours a week between research, studying and teaching as a graduate student is to be expected but that's simply more study time than should be necessary for a standard paced degree program.
>>
>Walk around Vienna's ringstrasse at TERRIFIC SPEED
It's going to be hard for me to dispel this image of Freud as one of those furious power-walkers now
>>
>>8812803
>social life
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>8812788
Really cool pic, but who gives a fuck about any of those clowns.
>>
>>8812788
>all these smart guys spend tons of time walking & exercising, socializing, smoking and drinking, etc.
>still mananged to figure out all this important shit
>I walk to work everyday, like to take a walk after dinner with a smoke, drink socially, and work out hard every other day
>still a brainlet and feel like I'm falling further behind

HELP
>>
>>8812833
>musicians and novel authors
>smart
Stay brainlet
>>
>>8812803
>that's far more than you should need to study to get good grades with a full-time schedule.
There are other reasons for studying than grades. You'd expect someone one the science board to realize this.
>>
>>8812833
You can't change your nature, no matter how hard you try. Sucks, but it's true.
>>
File: dogoo.jpg (27KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
dogoo.jpg
27KB, 500x436px
>>8812788
>TERRIFIC SPEED
>>
If it works for you.
Personally I can only focus on studying for 3 or 4 hours a day.
>>
>>8812841
No. Very few people raise the bar above their immediate expectations. It doesn't matter if it's the science board or /r9k/, most people are mediocre and content with barely good results.
Some people exert themselves for 6 or more hours a day, but they are a very small minority, and somehow they are not only able to take it but not burn out because of it.
5 or 6 hours a day of dedicated work is already more than, say, 80% of people are willing to put into something, however important.
>>
>>8812840
>only people in STEM can be smart
Stop being autistic.
>>
>>8813371
I mean stem is something that harnesses and hones your intelligence

so you can be smarter than the average person but I'd argue that it's not until you really start testing your limits and thought processes that you can truly reach your potential intellectually

pretty much if the extent of your intellectual endeavors are arguing online with a bunch of other unemployed or underemployed morons, you're never gonna be great

kind of like a 6' 6" 260 lb guy who never goes to the gym or practices any sports
>>
>>8813379
>I mean stem is something that harnesses and hones your intelligence
>so you can be smarter than the average person but I'd argue that it's not until you really start testing your limits and thought processes that you can truly reach your potential intellectually
Well, you're right about that. STEM is more intellectually stimulating than humanities.
However, studying humanities is still intellectually stimulating, moreso than playing sports, for instance.
>>
>>8812811
keking deep into my id
>>
>having a routine
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.