[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is sci's opinion of Steins;Gate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

What is sci's opinion of Steins;Gate?
>>
>overrated
>boring
>not deep
>>
>>8812576
I like it. And /sci/ originally got me to watch it.

It's like Rogue One. It's probably the best Star Wars since Empire, and it's a great action movie. So you tell your Star Wars friends they /have/ to see it...but you don't want to oversell it. It's not like groundbreaking or anything.
>>
>>8812576
It was fucking stupid. I dropped it when the guy's gender was swapped but literally nothing changed because of it for like two decades.
It did have some cute designs though.
>>
>>8812576
Read the VN
>>
File: steinsgate-01-kyouma-creepy.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
steinsgate-01-kyouma-creepy.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>8812576
Masterpiece.
>>
>>8812576
pedophile cartoons

>>>/a/
>>
Its a bretty gud anime but not particular /sci/ if I remember correctly.
>>
I just finished the anime the other night, it was really good. I'm playing through the VN right now and then checking out the movie.

Anyone here play S;G:0? I want to know if it's worth the 60 canuckbux it'll cost for my PS4.
>>
>>8812576
I started reading the VN when I was in high school, and it got me really into physics and shit even though I was going into chemistry, but I never finished reading it. Even now, I haven't. At some point I tried to go back and finish but the sci part of the sci-fi is so bad, they didn't even try to make it semi-factual, that I never finished.
>>
>>8813417
>>8813407
No doubt it takes some creative liberties to say the least in regards to the /sci/ aspect, but they had to work around the narrative somehow. It's cool that real world ideas/people (John Titor, many-worlds interpretation) are tied into it, even if they don't really expand on anything.

Stuff like Luka sending her mother a text to eat vegetables and becoming a girl because of that is pretty ridiculous though. It's goofball as fuck but I can see it sparking an interest in some of the concepts it introduces to people who don't normally care.
>>
>>8812576
I tried to watch it twice. Terrible anime. Few people know it and yet it is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>8812576
Good animu, I like it. Redhead science girl is muh waifu.
>>
>>8813417
>but the sci part of the sci-fi is so bad, they didn't even try to make it semi-factual
It's weird about it. Some things it's not bad about, and then we use a black hole to compress a human's consciousness into 36 bytes to replace their past self's mind through a cell phone call.
>>
File: 0.jpg (252KB, 1440x1800px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
252KB, 1440x1800px
>>8813413
Finished 0 when it released. I had a total blast with it and for me it was on par if not a little better than original but most people prefer the original. If you dig deeply into the lore/story after playing the VN you'll definitely get a lot out of it. So I'd highly recommend it.
>>
>>8814016
okabe was just too much of a sissy faggot in 0

overall it was good, especially going through every route but the original is better
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.