[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holy fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: euler-identity.png (25KB, 640x132px) Image search: [Google]
euler-identity.png
25KB, 640x132px
holy fuck
>>
>>8812565

xd
>>
hurrr we're smart we design a system of bullshit that magically just works that way because we design it to
>>
>>8812565
>imaginary numbers

just stop
>>
File: C3XHfBRVcAAlKE9.jpg (57KB, 608x558px) Image search: [Google]
C3XHfBRVcAAlKE9.jpg
57KB, 608x558px
deMoivre and Taylor expansions can show this
>>
>>8812645
>Pinker
>scientist
good 1
>>
>>8812565
Just say it equals -1 ffs.
>>
>>8812600
>>8812606
? are you memeing or not
>>
>>8812565
Euler was a complete faggot. His big idea was to take a formula that was valid for real numbers and plug in a complex number as if there's any reason that should make any god damn sense. Fuck him.
>>
>>8812565
this follows directly from the definition you nNOOB
>>
so if [math]i2 = -1[/math], then how come
[math]1 = \sqrt{1} = \sqrt{(-1)(-1)} = \sqrt{-1}\sqrt{-1} = i^2[/math]
explain this, imaginaryfags
>>
>>8812665
I thought I was the only one who found the +1 pretentious
>>
>>8812600
>>8812606
What the fuck did you just fucking say about imaginary numbers, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I stopped caring about math when I was introduced to the concept of imaginary numbers, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Gebra, and I have over 300 crocks of shit. I am trained in equations that can only be solved by inventing numbers that can't exist and I’m the top math deity in the entire US academic forces. You are nothing to me but fucking wrong. I will wipe you the fuck out with math the flaws of which have never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of algebra solutions across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better say "the correct answer is whatever the correct answer is", maggot. The math that says the pathetic little thing transcribed to words. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can mark you wrong in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just if you write it down in english instead of ancient math runes. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Logical Math Corps and I will use numbers that never lie to their full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy flaws your little “clever” human construct was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit complex numbers all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>8812963
step 3 to 4 is wrong
>>
>>8812665
>>8812972
it just shows how conceptually fascinating it is that that one of the most fundamental irrational numbers, raised to the product of arguably the most fundamental irrational number in math/science and the imaginary number, when added to the building block of all math, is equal to nothing.
>>
>>8812995
No it's not, you can simplify roots like that

[math] \sqrt{x*x} = \sqrt{x}\sqrt{x} = x [/math]
>>
>>8813056
As long as the x is positive. Otherwise, the traditional notation of square root doesn't hold.
>>
>>8812977
cumbersome execution.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.