[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with your messed up brain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1483387901169.jpg (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483387901169.jpg
30KB, 480x480px
You lose between 0.5% and 1% of your brain after the 25th year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebral_atrophy
My brain is rusted from disuse and certainly shrunken beyond belief.
I am anxious and I have poor piss concentration and memory.
Plus I read that studying damages the brain unless you're very young.

What are the chances I can have some volume back?
Any studies about that?
>JUST
>>
>>8811395
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise

Also - stop eating like garbage.
>>
>>8811395
>Plus I read that studying damages the brain unless you're very young.
Yet more evidence that the countless hours i've spent on 4chan weren't wasted, i've just been biding my time. Checkmate atheists
>>
>>8811395
come on bro? you're going to let someone else say what you can or you can't do?

it your own life. you decide what to do with it.

you want to be smarter? start reading, studying. whining and making excuses won't get you anywhere
>>
>>8811395
Just fucking stay healthy, do excercise and don't fucking do drugs and you'll be fine with your cognitive skills.

And for fucks sake take your vitamins and omega 3 pills.
>>
>>8811454
Also, OP doesn't READ

>Treatment and prevention
>Unfortunately, cerebral atrophy is not usually preventable, however there are steps that can be taken to reduce the risks such as controlling your blood pressure, eating a healthy balanced diet including omega-3's and antioxidants, and staying active mentally, physically, and socially.

While most cerebral atrophy is said to be irreversible there are some recent studies that show this is not always the case. A child who was treated with ACTH originally showed atrophy, but four months after treatment the brain was seemingly normal again.
>>
>>8811460
>and socially
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8811395
don't drink so much

fucking exercise and lift weights

actually use your brain on nontrivial problems. doesn't have to be math/science stuff either. try learning a new language, or reading philosophy
>>
File: outm8.jpg (7KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
outm8.jpg
7KB, 218x231px
I had bacterial meningitis and probably lost a significant amount of IQ.

It's no big deal, I just feel like killing myself every day.
>>
>>8811460
>Unfortunately, cerebral atrophy is not usually preventable, however there are steps that can be taken to reduce the risks such as controlling your blood pressure, eating a healthy balanced diet including omega-3's and antioxidants, and staying active mentally, physically, and socially.

Fucking this
>>
>>8811395
You don't use most of your brain.
Alot of it is for memory/visual computation purposes, not problem solving.

Synaptic pruning; your brain deliberately kills neurons to improve itself and there are even machine learning algorithms based on brain damage
>>
>>8811395
There's a [citation needed] after the statement of your brain reaches its maximum size at age 25. keka
>>
File: pvn05.jpg (101KB, 800x612px) Image search: [Google]
pvn05.jpg
101KB, 800x612px
>>8811416
Have you ever wondered why do all, as in, ALL of the most important scientists and mathematicians always look like they've never touched a barbell in their lives?
>>
>>8811416
Exercise is painful though because I'm morbidly obese. At least I'm vegan.
>>
File: tumblr_lh7qhlGosY1qaoo6j.jpg (31KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lh7qhlGosY1qaoo6j.jpg
31KB, 500x316px
>tfw brainlet.
>>
>>
>>8813553
they were jews
>>
File: c62.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
c62.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>8814461
>>
>>8811395
that is extremilly rare, relax, probably its just paranoia.
>>
>>8813553
Because the only photos you see of them were taken when they were middle-aged or older.
>>
>>8813564
Hopefully you are joking.

Vegan is horrible for you. You are going to die soon.
>>
Look sometimes you just have to press on. I greatly reduced my intelligence with drug use in my youth and I'm not dead, doing decent in my life as a software engineer. IQ is only 124 now but it's better than nothing. Still teaching myself and learning new shit all the time.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.