[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fair greetings upon thine presences, gentle lords and ladies.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Tycho Brahe.jpg (38KB, 303x450px) Image search: [Google]
Tycho Brahe.jpg
38KB, 303x450px
Fair greetings upon thine presences, gentle lords and ladies. Before you today doth I desire to present mine latest theory of the celestial sphere in which we and all things save the Divine exist. We all know of the Church's doctrine that the Sun revolves 'round the Earth, and of the heretic Galileo's mathematical proofs that the motions of the heavens are but in the reverse of the Pope's opinion. But I propose the following: that the Earth is itself stationary, while the Sun dances around it in accordance to the Church's decree, and all other heavenly bodies (bar the moon) betwirl 'round it. Dost this soundeth plausible?
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>8809773
Without Brahe, Kepler would have fuck all to work with because he couldn't see for shit.

Galileo did shit for mathematical proofs of heliocentricism, and he got fucked by the Roman inquisition because he made fun of the pope.

But fuck being historically accurate right? Let's all just be brainless and circle jerk about the dude who found some moons on Jupiter and got whacked by the church for calling the pope a simpleton. That's fun.
>>
>>8809801
>Galileo did shit for mathematical proofs of heliocentricism
I'm not an expert in the history of astronomy, but I was under the impression that Galileo made the final definitive proofs that basically split people between 'willing to listen' and 'not willing to listen.' Is that wrong?
>>
>>8809773
More than plausible. It is essentially the Copernican system, with the Earth instead of the sun designated as the arbitrary zero coordinate.
>>
File: 1490521992624.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490521992624.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>8809773
>Pope's opinion.
Haul thine fucking ass out of this kingdom right now before I burn ye like a lambchop thine heretic bullock muncher.
Dost thee dare doubt the pope's "opinion"?
>>
>>8809815
Galileo's observation of Jovian moons proved definitively that not ALL objects orbited the Earth. Doesn't really prove that the Earth goes around the sun, but it is a step in that direction.
>>
>>8809773
GOT YOUR NOSE!
GOT YOUR NOSE!
>>
>>8809815
This is wrong. He made an observation that didn't comply with the accepted geocentric model.

Kepler is the one who did the defintive math using Brahe's data, and Kepler's book, published before all of Galileo's shit with the church, is what convinced people.
>>
>>8809836
So few people will get the reference...
>>
>>8809859
It's a pretty famous anecdote and a historical curiosity. You and this thread are reddit.
>>
File: hmm.png (94KB, 154x220px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
94KB, 154x220px
STOP BEING A HELOPCENTRIST
>>
>>8809976
So that's one...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.