[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

psychiatry is a pseudoscience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 011.jpg (24KB, 508x592px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
24KB, 508x592px
full of shitfull ''facts''

today we had a girl who was sex.abused and developed shitloads of problems and doctors who live off pseudoscience accused her of faking the abuse

but generally, psychiatry is a pseudoscience. every opinion, every lifestyle has a diagnosis and a new, ''super effective'' treatment for it
billions are made off idiots who take those test pills for made up illnesses

i do believe some exists like depression etc but to divide autism into god fucking knows many sections and make pills for each section is utter bullshit

opinions on this bullshit?
>>
File: YAGpXPd.png (115KB, 636x440px) Image search: [Google]
YAGpXPd.png
115KB, 636x440px
>>
psychiatrists give you cancer
>>
>>8807994
and why would you even go there anyways?
>>
>>8808023
i'm forced as a student to get mindfucked once per
week, my love
>>
>>8807994
the definition(s) of mental illness is (are) subjective and malleable, no doubt

if you are genuinely interested in the subject, i recommend that you read the following series of exchanges
The six most essential questions in psychiatric diagnosis: a pluralogue, toward a new nosology
part 1
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22243994
part 2
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3390269/
part 3
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22621419
part 4
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23249629

fronted by Frances (lead ed of DSM-IV), and Spitzer (lead ed of DSM-III), and leader of the initial working group for DSM-5 (not Bill Frist, but surname similar)

The field (psychiatry) is in crisis: they literally rehabilitated Thomas Szasz for this discussion.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-psychiatry

Dammit,I suppose it is. I'm not reading it all. Good luck with the useless subject I luckily've never had
>>
>>8808025
>forced as a student
you should not trust the administration to speak/ act in good faith

they may lie to you about your rights (to refuse treatment), and about the punishments they can/cannot impose upon you

if the university says 'do this' or 'sign this' or 'we can expel you for this or that' you should not assume they are telling you the truth
>>
>>8808032
no doubt there is a batshit crazy expansionism in the whole diagnostics of new disorders that are weakly based
hyperinflation, too. usually criterias where bigger,now you need so little to get at least 1 of the disorders
kind of reminds me of whole obesity thing. up to 10 yrs ago normal bl.sugar values were 3,33-5,55 and now that the whole planet is getting fatter ref. values are up to 6,0-8,0
same goes to psychiatry but in the opposite way. u need less symptoms to be ''ill''

and rationally speaking, anymone who has even a slight part of his rational mind left would read shit those doctors are trying to make him take as a therapy. side effects are insane! THAT ''therapy'' really makes you sick and they expand their incidence, announce epidemic of psychological disorders and earn shitloads of money on nothing.
weak, fictionally based so called science.
i'll read pt 3 & 4 in a few hrs
>>
>>8808042
no i mean i have it as a subject i have to pass and it kills my brain cells
>>
>>8808050
>>8808051
top kek, bullshitter

the expressly medical/physiological analogy (comparing diabetes to mental illness) is bullshit.

>i have it as a subject i have to pass
anyone of merely average intelligence can figure out how to shut up and pass a course owing to self-perservation

your are not good at this and you should pack it in
>>
>>8808063
bite me hobbit
>>
>>8808073
>butt-devastated by juvenile insults
'no'
>>
The hardcore psychotic disorders are real, everything else is probably a meme, most psychiatrists dream of charging $400 per session once a week cash talking to high functioning people about "anxiety" while armies of schizophrenics roam the streets.
>>
>>8808187
this is true, i completely agree
(OP)
>>
Psychfag here. Be glad psychiatry exists to attempt to solve every feasible problem with a pill because if it didn't exist, we would be left to the hands of traditional treatments that, for sure, aren't going to work.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.