[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does food smell good but poop smells bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1489654984589.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1489654984589.png
29KB, 741x568px
Why does food smell good but poop smells bad?
>>
>>8807623
>what is chemical digestion
>>
>>8807623
Because you're taught one smells good and one smells bad.
>>
>>8807623
Why is water white and urine red?
>>
because the people that felt the poo smell as good died by being in contact with it, the people that were capable of smelling good meals got to live longer and have kids
>>
>>8807711
Are you stupid? Its because methane gases are toxic and damage your nose. Youre experiencing pain. Your logic is just pseudoscience like saying giraffes have long necks so they can eat from trees. Fuck off.
>>
>>8807711
that's if you believe in evolution. Leave us alone, false satan!

just kidding....
>>
>>8807720
>smelling poop hurts
lmao get a load of this guy
>>
>>8807704
>red

It was nice to meet you
>>
>>8807720
>Your logic is just pseudoscience like saying giraffes have long necks so they can eat from trees.
Then why do they have long necks Mr Smartypants?
>>
File: IMG_0056.jpg (90KB, 780x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0056.jpg
90KB, 780x920px
>>8807846
>>
>>8807711
Then why do some animals (hedgehog) live in their own shit and get away with it.
>>
>>8807695
This, it's a social construct
>>
>>8807720
>Your logic is just pseudoscience like saying giraffes have long necks so they can eat from trees
But...
>>
>>8807695
>>8807720
these two
you have a thing in itself that has smell that is neither "good" or "bad" inherently, and the social conditioning adds a supposed meaning to it. Of course it's not healthy to eat poop so that social conditioning serves a purpose but the smell in itself isn't "bad", it's just a distinct smell.
>>
>>8807695
>>8807720
>>8809701

Does /sci/ really not understand evolution? I'm genuinely surprised.
>>
>>8807623
work with E. Coli and get back to us
>>
>>8807695
>Because you're taught one smells good and one smells bad.
Idiot, babies don't find poop to smell good
>>
>>8807695
I'm not sure that is totally correct. I could see there being an evolutionary advantage to accrue to a genetic line that recognized that poop smelled sorta iffy, when it comes to looking for something to eat.
>>
>>8807846
Sexual selection. They use their necks as weapons in a a mating ritual to impress females. The longer the neck, the more powerful the strikes and the more sex the giraffe gets. Giraffes prefer the lower leaves of trees and their long necks make it more difficult to get the tastiest leaves.
>>
>>8809728
Smell is conditioned. The US military has spent decades finding a universally aversive smell, even the smell of poop has positive associations in certain societies.

Other mammals don't find the smell of shit as aversive as we do, if at all.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-07-20-19-53.png (666KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-07-20-19-53.png
666KB, 540x960px
is it better to smell poop by breathing through your nose or taste it by breathing through your mouth?
>>
>>8807623
Because an individual for which food smells bad and poop smells good will be attracted to eating the poop, and then get a disease and die. He dies and doesn't pass on his "food smells bad and poop smells good" genes.

If an individual has the genes for "food smells good, poop smells bad", he eats food and stays away from/puts away his poop. All other things equal, he likely ensures his survival and passes on his "food smells good, poop smells bad" genes.

It's evolution.

People who shitpost saying it's a social construct have to explain why in probably every culture "shit" is a bad word, i.e. why shit is universally something to yuck at.
>>
>>8807733
I can't believe dubs were wasted on this
>>
>>8807623
Becaus tummy take only good smell and make bad smel food go out
>>
>>8810265
This. I'm surprised at how long it took for the right answer to pop up.
>>
Why do female farts smell like roses, while men's farts smell like shit ?
>>
>>8807623
greatest scientific inquiry of our time
>>
>>8807623

But doggy eat poop
poop smell good to doggy?!
need to experimentate!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.