[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: brain.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
Hello guys not sure if this is the right place to post but whatever I'll keep it as short as possible.

So what I'm interested in lately is change. The change of mind, way of thinking, change of the thought patterns when you are not trying to think, when you brain is on auto pilot. I've been observing myself and my thoughts lately and I kind of want to reprogram my mind in a way I want it to be (brainwash myself if you will).
Are there any relaible methods you guys know of? If this is achievable (and it definitely is), it's some really powerful shit I'd say.
>>
File: 250px-John_von_Neumann_ID_badge.png (58KB, 250x265px) Image search: [Google]
250px-John_von_Neumann_ID_badge.png
58KB, 250x265px
>>8805579
Do things you don't usually do and find difficult or repulsive.
>Masturbate to gore pictures.
>Stop masturbating for a month.
>Approach strangers if you're a shy person.
>Significantly cut your sleep if you already have a good sleep schedule.
>Lie all the time if you're a honest person.
>Steal little thing if you can get away with it and if it's contrary to your morals.
>Set little goals and achieve them.

Treat all of the above like exercises of a Topology book.
If you're smart enough for mathematics, you're smart enough for accomplishing such trivial tasks.
It shows you can really do anything with some attitude an willpower, but most people won't be able to do this.
What are the chances a shy person who can't talk to women would go to a girl and ask her if she could suck his dick?
Can a chronic procrastinator set long term a grinding studying schedule? Yes, but very difficult.
>>
>>8805605
Hmm, very nice, do you have a source where I can read more on this?
>>
File: hughie.png (160KB, 289x311px) Image search: [Google]
hughie.png
160KB, 289x311px
>>8805608
>Hmm, very nice, do you have a source where I can read more on this?
No.
Being a nice guy[math]^{\textbf{TM}}[/math] these are things I figured out to improve myself.
But I would suggest start experimenting, journaling and reflecting on your entries instead of reading what other people write.
(Isn't this part of the insight practice of meditation?)
Pleasures, morals, ... generally feelings, condition our behavior and hold us back.

One thing I did read is:
>stop masturbating
>dramatically cut on sugars and carbohydrates
>stop listening to music and watching movies
>stop oversleeping
>etc...
Since you'll be less conditioned to pleasure, chores and other boring things will be easier to do.
>>
>>8805629
yeah that's cool, I was a nice guy but I evolved into an asshole, now I'm trying to evolve into a normal version of myself since I've found that my whole personality is built on making others think greater of me... But the part of reading what other people write, I think that's quiet cool especially if they studied the topic whole their lives n shit. Cool, I'll set up some new values for myself and start working on this shit
>>
>>8805579
Not sure exactly what you're after, but here's a few suggestions to get you searching in the right direction anyway
http://www.triviumeducation.com/trivium/
https://www.zanmonroe.com/docs/Master-Key-System.pdf
Also, you might want to try training your brain the way you train your muscle memory. Muscle memory is just nerve memory anyway, and it all works pretty much the same way as your brain. So pick a mental skill you want to learn, and repeat it over and over again under determined focus until it becomes automatic. We learn lots of things this way already, from playing musical instruments to walking, talking and riding a bike.
Here's one or two suggestions.
https://drtayeb.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/trachtenberg-system.pdf
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4p8zK_eXXOySjBhUXFOSHlBd1k/view
The "autopilot" you describe sounds like right brain thinking to me. This might be of use to you in that regard.
https://ia802502.us.archive.org/19/items/pdfy-5dQt81v7NYVZl2La/The%20New%20Drawing%20on%20the%20Right%20Side%20of%20the%20Brain.pdf
>>
>>8805636
thanks I'll check all of this out
>>
>>8805636
Yeah actually I want to unlearn some 'skills' that have became automatic now that I think about it. And also replace them with new skills. This should come in handy, thanks
>>
>>8805673
>I want to unlearn some 'skills' that have became automatic
Not sure you can actually do that. The nearest you might get is training your brain to recognise well trodden paths and avoid going down them.
>>
>>8805685
I'm sure that it can be at least replaced at least with other thought patterns. 'Skill' was perhaps a wrong term.
>>
Could you be more specific about what exactly you're trying to achieve?
Also sounds like you might be interested in cognitive behavioural therapy.
>>
>>8805743
I've came across the term of cognitive behavioural therapy multiple times but always came avoided it for some reason. What I want is to replace negative thought patterns (about self, world, morals) that have developed over time and replace them with the ones I think are right. In more detail, over time my brain developed in such a way that in all social situations I'm constantly thinking of how I can look of more value to others. It grew bigger over time and now it's out of control. It's like my personality is based on that right now. I tried to fix it by becoming 'cooler and more awesome' to feed the need of approval and it just fucked me up even more. Now I want to get rid of all of that and just become my natural self again. Perhaps cognitive behavioural therapy is a way to go.
>>
>>8805629
>Since you'll be less conditioned to pleasure, chores and other boring things will be easier to do.
That's...right. Oo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.